Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Change Soundcard
CraigNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2011 19:29 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to change the soundcard assignment in PowerDVD 12? The reason I ask this is because my system has two soundcards, one is set to default and used to capture windows alerts (which are quite annoying when watching a movie), and a second card which is used for movie playback. Windows alerts would then use a set of small desktop speakers for its alerts, and not pass them to the main sound system which is hosting several hundred watts. It seems PowerDVD 12 currently only uses the default soundcard.

If PowerDVD does not have this feature, can we add it? Sure would be better than having the default soundcard suddently hitting you with 100+db.

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Uh, why don't you just turn off the alerts in Windows? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
CraigNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2011 19:29 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I tried that .. everything was great for a while and suddenly windows renabled it and I was nearly thrown off my chair when a loud windows alert sound shook the room. For some reason windows decided to renable it .. either because at startup it didn't like the configuration or some sounds got through .. don't know. So I had enough and set the default soundcard to the motherboard audio, of course the added benefit to that is now if windows does need to alert me about something, or other programs need to 'speak up' then they can all use the default card. But when you want to watch a movie or listen to music you want to route that audio to your large system.

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
In that case why don't you just reduce the volume. Click on the Speaker Icon on the bottom right of your desktop, select mixer and move that slider down.
[Thumb - 2012-05-03_1850.png]
 Filename
2012-05-03_1850.png
[Disk]
 Description
Windows Mixer Adjustment.
 Filesize
114 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
199 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 03. 2012 19:59

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
I guess I would have to ask again. Is there an option for PowerDVD to choose the soundcard assignment?