Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with Playing an AVCHD disc.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I made an AVCHD disc using Power Director 10 Ultra. Everything progressed as expected and the disc was burned. I put the disc back into the blu-ray optical drive. I opened My Computer and located the disc. I right clicked it and selected to play the disc with PowerDVD 12. I've had 12 for about 2 weeks and I was able to play other discs with it. I just tried again and I can play commercial blu-ray discs.

The program opened then went black for an instant and then I got the message in the attachment. I made sure that 3D was OFF. I opened and closed the program several times and tried to play the disc directly each time. The same error showed up each time. I even explored the disc from the program and was able to see the contents but , of course, could not play it.

I was able to play the disc with two other players that can play AVCHD.

Any ideas? or can't PowerDVD 12 play AVCHD discs made with Power Director 10
[Thumb - 2012-04-30_1053.png]
 Filename
2012-04-30_1053.png
[Disk]
 Description
Error Message
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
387 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2012 12:43

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stevek. What file type is this?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not quite sure of your question.

The menu was a menu from the director's zone, the 4 videos were PD10 project files. Selecting AVCHD automatically selects the H264 AVCHD formats. Yes it is high definition/2D.

As you probably know, the AVCHD disc contains the required BDMV folder. I can see that. Powere DVD 12 does not play that. I'll have to find a AVCHD disc made with a different program to see if that works. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
skmami [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2013 16:48 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings,

I am trying to burn a AVCHD disc from PowerDirector 12. Disc gets created properly but I am not able to play on Sony PS3 or even on my VLC Player. I tried to check the enable hardware video encoder as suggested here but it crashes in the very first minute. Please can some help me.

Thanks
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Greetings,

I am trying to burn a AVCHD disc from PowerDirector 12. Disc gets created properly but I am not able to play on Sony PS3 or even on my VLC Player. I tried to check the enable hardware video encoder as suggested here but it crashes in the very first minute. Please can some help me.

Thanks

What brand and type of disc are you using (+R,-R, RW) ? What does your burner manufacturer suggest?

Did you look at the disc on your computer to see if it has the proper files and folders?

Please tell us about your computer by positing Part B here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page .