Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio won't play in timeline
davecvideo
Newbie Location: Kitsap, WA Joined: Jan 02, 2012 15:34 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having problems getting audio to play in the time line. File plays fine outside. When I import it, it plays. But when I drop it on an audio track it won't play. I've tried mp3 and wmv. Please tell me there's something simple I'm missing.. thanks all! See the Difference video can make with DaveCVideo!
ganesha86 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 16, 2012 00:54 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Upgrade to the latest build of your version of PowerDirector.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm having problems getting audio to play in the time line. File plays fine outside. When I import it, it plays. But when I drop it on an audio track it won't play. I've tried mp3 and wmv. Please tell me there's something simple I'm missing.. thanks all!

The latest update has less problems with MP3 audio. But Sometimes there is still problem with MP3 audio.

Patches and updates:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

The workaround is convert the MP3 to WMA or WAV.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

j_gregg1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Nov 29, 2012 01:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I was having the same problem with a mp3 file. It would play fine, but once inserted into the timeline, nothing. Converting to another format did not help. I then inserted the audio BEFORE anything else and that worked.