Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to download using mobile 4 ?
CMB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2011 21:12 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Have an iPad loaded with mobile 4. Can connect to my windows pc with latest powerdvd ultra 12 and see media folders and play/stream media from my pc to the iPad , but I just cannot see how to download a movie file to the ipad.
On the ipad app when I select a movie in a folder there is no menu or anything available, only thing you can do is click on it and play/stop/rewind etc.

According to the manual this is what you do....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Downloading Media from the
Network
If required, you can download media from the network to your device.
To download media to your device, do this:
1. Select the folder that contains the media you want to download.
2. Select the Menu button on your device to display the menu controls.
3. Select the check box beside all of the media files that you want to download.
4. Select the Save button.
5. CyberLink PowerDVD Mobile will download the selected media to your device,
and display it on the Local Media tab in your library.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how do you this on an iPad? Where is the menu button /menu controls/check box etc?
I don't see anything.

Would appreciate if anyone has done this if they can enlighten me on what I am missing.The main reason for me upgrading to this version was to be able to download movies/tv shows etc to the iPad so that I can take them on the road with me.

Thanks for any help
CMB
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
just keep the file you want to download pressed for 2-3 seconds, then a menu opens

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks. I didn't know you can hold it down for 2-3 secs to do this.

Hope this works on all Ipad versions.
CMB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2011 21:12 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for that help, Michael. Perhaps it can be added to the manual. So frustrating that it was so simple to save videos

Still though this now leads to a new problem , as every download I have tried gets to 99.99% and just stays there forever, with the indicator continuing to show that it is still downloading. As if it is unable to finish the session.
I tried files that do not need to be transcoded to the ipad 3 , if I copy them across to the ipod by usb cable they work fine.

Just unable to finish a download session over the wifi using mobile 4.

CMB

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please contact the support team about technical issues.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan