Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD not playing blu rays
andy3050uk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2012 17:20 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
i bought a samsung blu ray play that has come with powerDVD 9. i watched a blue ray on it the other day, came to watch the rest of it today and it came up with an error saying that my dvi cable isn't HDCP compatible.

how come i can watch the movie one day and then in the space of a few days my cable becomes uncompatible?

HOwever, blu ray advisor says that my computer passes everything (including HDCP cable)

i'm running:

Phenom II x4 955 BE
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Samsung SH-B123L blu ray player
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I can't tell you why it worked and then stopped working.

Are you playing this on your computer monitor or a TV

Are you familiar with the copy protection scheme? Read this http://www.digitalconnection.com/FAQ/HDTV_12.asp" target="_new" rel="nofollow"> http://www.digitalconnection.com/FAQ/HDTV_12.asp

Sorry about the double link. I'm new to this forum set up and haven't figured out everythign yet. Anyone know where the spell checker is?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 25. 2012 18:16

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
andy3050uk [Avatar]
[Post New]
doesn't really answer my question. my monitor is HDCP so is my cable (as they both passed on the cyber link blu ray advisor)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Since it worked OK and now doesn't, perhaps something changed in the free program. Did you do anyhting like run a registry cleaner? HAve you tried turning off your anti-virus and othe rprograms that open on boot?

Have you tried other, older blu-ray discs? and checked your connections?

This one my be over my head because something changed to cuas it to stop working. You may have to contact tech support.

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
andy3050uk [Avatar]
[Post New]
its working now

not run any reg cleaners recently, tried uninstalling with no luck.

what did get it to work was i have my 32" HDTV connected to the computer as well as my 20" monitor. the screen is duplicated on both monitor and tv so they run the same image. i changed it to just the tv and ran the movie and it worked. changed the settings again to run just the monitor and it worked too. quite strange since i've always had the duplication setting running since way before i bought the blu ray player
stevek
[Post New]
Great ! So you are good? .
andy3050uk [Avatar]
[Post New]
yeah its good at the moment, shame it took so long to sort out that its now too late to watch a movie haha
guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Indeed. Problem solved. I would take that as a good start.