Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Digital Copy DVD
ProducerMelissa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2010 18:27 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
I was wondering if i made a movie (lets say a Graduation of wedding Movie). Could i make a digital copy of that movie and put it on a DVD for the customer to buy.

Sony nv7802u
intel core i7
620 gb hhd
Nvidia Video card
Win 7 64 bit
DVD Burner

Melissa
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
You can, since it is your properietary and as long as the bride and and groom dont object

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2012 09:57

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

ProducerMelissa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah but how do i make a digital copy?
Sony nv7802u
intel core i7
620 gb hhd
Nvidia Video card
Win 7 64 bit
DVD Burner

Melissa
JoeVideo
Newbie Location: Los Angeles, California, USA Joined: Nov 27, 2011 16:08 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
ProducerMelissa, if I under stand the question correctly, you want to copy a DVD, to your computer, then make DVD's to sell, of the copied DVD..right ? assuming there is no legal issue with you having permission to do so...then using PD 10 you can go to "CAPTURE" (after you have the subject DVD in your dvd player ) and click on the icon ( capture from a CD) that will lead you into a series of steps in which you have the file into your computer, then click on "CREATE DISK" and choose which format you want. There are probably other ways of doing it, and the other contributors can add to it. Also there are dedicated software programs that specialize in copying DVDs . JoeVideo
H Envy 17.3" Notebook Touchsmart M7-J020dx
4th generation Intel (R) i7 4700MQ @2.4GHz
1TBl HD Toshiba MQ1ABD100
DVD optical Drive, RAM 8
gb
Display Adapter Intel (R) HD graphics 4600
64bit operation system, Windows 8.1
ProducerMelissa [Avatar]
[Post New]
No no no.... I have created a graduation video for a client they wanted to buy a digital copy of the DVD as well as the DVD. So they could put it on their IPad and show family. I want to be able to make a digital copy for them and put it on a DVD for them to tranfer to their iPad. How do I make the digital copy with the DVD menu
Sony nv7802u
intel core i7
620 gb hhd
Nvidia Video card
Win 7 64 bit
DVD Burner

Melissa
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Melissa -

Maybe your question wasn't clear before.

OK - you've produced the video & burnt the DVD. Yes? And now you just want to render the video so they can watch it on their iPad.

Just open your project & go to Produce > Device > Apple > iPad

The produced file can be copied to a USB device. All your client needs to do is import the video into iTunes, then transfer it to the iPad.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Just produce the Wedding/Graduation as a mts file. then burn to a DVD as a data disk then you can give to whom ever and they can distribute as they see fit....in my opinion.
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2012 19:33

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Create the DVD, but burn to a folder instead of disc. Then, produce your digital copy in whatever format your choose. Place that copy somewhere inside the DVD folder, but not inside the video_ts folder. I usually make a new folder and call it something like 'Extras'. Now you can burn it to a disc as long as it still fits on a disc.

That won't have a menu. I don't believe that is possible with PD. You might be able to do that with DivX, but that's another program, so we are not supposed to discuss the how and why.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17. 2012 00:43

Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Browse to the DVD.
import the videoTS content.
Place the videos that make up the actual movie into your PowerDirector time-line.
Produce to a file-type of your choice. Close PD.
Now, start over.
Browse to and copy the folders on the original DVD to your harddrive.
I use Power2Go to create a DATA DVD.
1st I place the new digital movie I made into my P2Go burn list.
2nd I add the DVD folders, at which time P2Go asks me if I want the project DVD to be compliant to play as a DVD movie.
Click YES, burn project.
What you get is a DATA DVD that has the digital movie, and also has the movie folders from the original disc and will play in almost any stand-alone DVD player.
All on 1 disc. There will be no menu for the digital file.
NOTE: All these files are digital, to be precise, it's TAPE and film that must be digitized.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 17. 2012 06:37

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I was wondering if i made a movie (lets say a Graduation of wedding Movie). Could i make a digital copy of that movie and put it on a DVD for the customer to buy.

Melissa - just ignore my previous answer.

I took it to mean that you wanted to
(a) make a copy of the video for your customer to put on their iPad
and (also)
(b) burn a DVD

but you want to put that file onto a DVD, in data format, as Barry & others have suggested. Barry's process describes how to incluse both file types on the one disc.

Sorry I misread your intention.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ProducerMelissa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you all so much. Now that I know how to do it I can offer it to them, thanks so much
Sony nv7802u
intel core i7
620 gb hhd
Nvidia Video card
Win 7 64 bit
DVD Burner

Melissa
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
NOTE: All these files are digital, to be precise, it's TAPE and film that must be digitized

I assumed she was referring to the current Hollywood tread of putting a 'Digital' copy on commercial DVDs at an extra cost in hopes that people won't rip the movie to make illegal copies. Of course, 'digital' is a euphemism for digital rights management. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM