Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Capture via Microsoft LifeCam VX-7000
Electron [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2011 03:03 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
This may have been covered way back: Power Director shows the LifeCam VX-7000 on the screen under "Settings", but there is no picture from the camera and when I click on the record button the message I get is: "An error occurred. Unable to start the recording function".
The web-cam works normally in Windows. I am using Win-7 64 Bit.
Any advice please. Thanks. David. Cheers.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Try closing PD & opening it again.

I got the same message (and symptoms) earlier today when I was testing webcam capture... after a few tries it corrected itself.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Electron [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried that and did a re-boot as well, as I have just updated the software, but it hasn't made any difference. The annoying thing is that it will accept audio from the web-cam, but just not any video. Cheers.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Electron,
Perhaps this is a display issue/graphics card. Have you updated your graphic card drivers?
Please provide a diagnostic file.
Guide: Part B
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Please provide a screenshot of the Capture interface - so we can check your settings/options.
Part E & F in the guide.

Dafydd
Electron [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the offer, but I think I will take a rain-check on this. I was looking for the easy solution in that I suspected I was doing something stupid. Its not really that important to have to go into a major investigation of my p.c.
Regards, David. Cheers.