Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
For 3D Blu-ray playback, Which graphic Card Cyberlink use in their Lab
Man Khan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2011 05:31 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
My question is to cyberlink that which graphic card they prefer to be used in PCs for the excellent playback of 3D blu-ray.

Also I do have GT 520 which is OK but it is not fully compatible with 3D TV software so in other words for 3D blu-ray playback, this is what nVidia support recently advised me.

So as general which 3D graphic card Cyberlink prefer or use in their lab and which nVidia card they believe is the best for 3D BD playback and which also renders HD audio.
jasm [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Niagara Falls, Canada Joined: Oct 12, 2011 16:57 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
I have the nvidia gtx 560 Ti and it works very well. I stream through a 50ft hdmi cable to my 3d tv
Man Khan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your advise. Can you please post your complete setup. Did you had to install nVidia 3DTV or just in control panel you configured 3D stereoscopic. Have you tried 3D blu-rays and do you get crosstalk, what TV you use. Thanks
jasm [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Niagara Falls, Canada Joined: Oct 12, 2011 16:57 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for your advise. Can you please post your complete setup. Did you had to install nVidia 3DTV or just in control panel you configured 3D stereoscopic. Have you tried 3D blu-rays and do you get crosstalk, what TV you use. Thanks

I'm using windows 7 home edition and powerdvd 12.
I have an hdmi wire running from the videocard to my Panasonic 3d tv tc-p50_54vt25.
I just installed the nVidia software for the nvidia gtx 560 Ti (Automatic Driver Detection) from the website and it installs a control panel where you can turn the 3d off or on. It has a display settings like windows. It recognised my Panasonic. I just clicked on it to enable it, then I clicked to clone my computer with the panasonic making the panasonic the primary monitor.
I just have a regular blu-ray player in my computer. nothing else.
I can play Avatar in full 1080p 3d, no crosstalk, no ghosting, plays just as well as my sony3d dvd player attached to the tv.
If your computer is fast enough to play HD then it should work okay. Your just using the 3d tv like a large monitor after all.
robb963 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2012 01:20 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have a gts450 and noticed a big improvement when I added a second in sli. I do have edid issues with a avr but other than that 3dtv rocks!
Man Khan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks a lot to both of you, but strangly no one answered to my question from cyberlink.
robb963 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2012 01:20 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Does ATI have a 3d solution like 3dtv play? I left that camp when they lied about being hdcp compliant! I checked the list of supported equipment for ATI.... They still suck! LOL

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11. 2012 19:07