Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title sequence causes PD6 to hang
David [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Dec 09, 2007 19:18 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I'm very new to video editing so my experience with PD6 is roughly zero.

I have a problem using the 'perspective scroll' title effect. It always causes the program to either crash or hang when I preview it or when I move through that segment of timeline.

If I just render without any preview or clip playback, it works o.k, but obviously this isn't ideal. The file that is reported causing the error is 'title2_ces.dll".

Before I contacted support, I installed on a clean OS using a different motherboard chipset, and the problem was still the same. Therefore it is either a bug in the code or a corrupted download.

I've got around the problem by rendering the sequence and importing the video into the timeline.

I'm very impressed with the capabilities of PD6 considering it's budget price, but I have found it to be a bit unstable.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
David,

I can deal with the perspective scroll issue - perhaps. I need from you a bit more details as to what build version of PD6 you are using.

Open PD > Help > about
Pop up > see the version number

I've requested you send me an email.

regards

Dafydd