Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Comparison of PhotoDirector 3 with a competitor
OldRadioGuy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Austin, Texas, USA Joined: Feb 29, 2012 22:38 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
In my latest blog entry I report on the results of a comparison test of PhotoDirector 3 and a competing product.

http://alongwayfromcallahancounty.wordpress.com/2012/03/31/compare-corel-aftershot-pro-and-cyberlink-photodirector-3/

With its better tools and more logical design, PhD3 was the winner and recommended product for average amateur photographers and amateur photography enthusiasts.

A couple of things I hope the CyberLine engineers will consider revising:

1. The Magnifier. It's not very useful in its present form. Too small and too far away from the image for the user to visualize in context. A floating window that could be moved next to the image area being viewed would be better.

2. PhD3 needs Stacking. If you create 5 virtual images for HDR, for example, they take up a lot of space. Would be better to be able to fold them in a stack and then unfold when needed.

Bob PhotoDirector 5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770; Olympus E-M1 & E-M5
DaPest [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2012 14:52 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting review Bob.. but I think you are missing so many functions that ASP has and gets right versus phD... renaming an image for instance.. and XMP block support.
peleus [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 10, 2012 11:53 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dapest. These features I think is rarely used by average users. It could be implemented soon though but for now, everything is working as it should be.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 14. 2012 08:52

DaPest [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2012 14:52 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Peleus.. do you truly believe renaming an image from a DAM program is a function that the average person doesn't use? Its an image management program.... how do you propose keeping the catalog and images in the OS in sync then? Or is this program really just an imageviewer with some post processing function thrown in? To me, I'll use Irfranview to view images and Photoshop to edit them... I want a DAM program to manage the images.