Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow add more than 1 MP3 file possible ?
demird [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2012 06:04 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
In a slideshow ist it possible adding more than 1 MP3 file ?
You cannot select more than 1 file ??

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi demird,

We have a couple of slide-show wizards on this forum, I am not one of them,
as I tend to make slideshows manually.
If you produce parts of the slideshow(s), you then can treat the different
parts as video-clips- and do whatever you need from there.
You'll then have the freedom to use how many audio tracks you want.
You could also watch this for audio-tweak: http://youtu.be/dMqUCY2rjJA
and maybe also this: http://youtu.be/J6PDeatLY1Q

god søndag!
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I make slide show projects with dozens of mp3 music files... the answer is yes you can... you can even run two (or more) at the same time... confusing but doable....

If you are doing it yourself you can add as many audio tracks you want. Either on the same line one after another, or like I do, I have one song fading out as the next one comes in by overlaying on different tracks.

You did not say what you were doing. Adding to the timeline or using the Movie Wizard.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 01. 2012 15:42

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Bubba -

I think demird is using the slideshow templates. Within that module, each slideshow can only have 1 audio track assigned to it. Hence the question.

The question possibly arises out of the wish to "fit" the photos to selected music - or vice versa. PD's feature of "fitting" really isn't very intelligent. It simply (a) repeats or leaves out photos or (b) repeats or cuts out music.

The slideshow templates can be customised, as shown in the tutorial, but NOT the duration of images. In duration terms, the templates are fixed.

There are many ways around it. Nina's suggested producing each slideshow, or part thereof, without music - then adding that later. Bubba builds the music right in the timeline, fading tracks in & out. The Slideshow Slowdown Tutorial shows how to produce the slideshow (without music) then use Video Speed to match it to the music. That overcomes the lack of control of duration.

Another way (similar to Bubba's method) is to combine tracks in a separate audio editor so you can match duration of images/slideshow & music.

There is no "one-size-fits-all" answer because each slideshow template has its own fixed set of "rules". If, for example, you take 30 images - without music) and apply each SS template the total duration (& therefore the duration of each image) varies:

IF you want to use the Slideshow templates AND keep control of the thing yourself, it takes a bit of mathematics!

I know - I know - too much information!

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
That's why it is easier to not use any of the wizards and do your own build. After you have done it a couple times you will see it is not that difficult... just takes time until you can do it with your eyes closed.

By the same token, if your slide show is not long like so many are, the wizard is at times the better method if you want simple construction of the slide show... but it has limitations... when you do your "own thing" you don't......

Thanks Tony... the chart is very useful...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2012 21:11

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony - bookmarked Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

demird [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for all the answers.

So for trial I produced 2 slideshows(.MOV) then put them together as a movie.
So any number of audio tracks can be added.

What bothers me with this software is the very long rendering time.
eg: 9 pictures (each not bigger than 300-500 KB ) make 60 MB to render on the software.
This is about 4 minutes (:....for only 9 pics.
Imagine with 100
It's worse when making an 1 hour movie.
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
demird:

What bothers me with this software is the very long rendering time.
eg: 9 pictures (each not bigger than 300-500 KB ) make 60 MB to render on the software.
This is about 4 minutes (:....for only 9 pics.

What are the specs of your computer?
Are you on a laptop? Desktop?
How about your graphic card, is it up to date? etc.etc.
I fear this is the time when someone will ask you for your computer's Dxdiag and
attach it to a post.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Part B.

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Neil - No probs!

Nina - Fair question.

demird - the time it takes to render is absolutely dependent on your PC's hardware...

On this PC (Win 7 64-bit, i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 260) I produced a 9 photo slideshow, using the Normal template, to different formats. The images were all 1920x1080, as were the production profiles...

MOV - 63.76MB - render time = 2:00
M2TS - 69.72 - render time = 0:51*
MPEG-2 - 82.16 - render time = 1:48
MPEG-4 - 55.23 - render time = 1:01*

* used hardware acceleration

Cheers - Tony

OMG - I spelt dependent with an "a" - that's why...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2012 06:11

demird [Avatar]
[Post New]
Then I must accept it
I have 3 GHZ,Win7,32 bit,4 BG RAM ,ATİ Radeon 3400(only (: )

BUT:Adobe Elements is quicker as far as I recall.
ynotfish
[Post New]
PRE render times for 9 images with transitions (similar to "Normal" slideshow template) on same PC as above:

MOV (1920x1080) @ 8MBps- 50.8MB - 1:54
MPEG-2 (1920x1080) @ 30MBps - 200MB - 1:31
AVC H.264 (1920x1080) @ 20MBps - 142MB - 1:46

Cheers - Tony