Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Output to DVD - Video Stutters
Adam2Marsh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2012 12:50 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Afternoon Guys,

Am having some very strange issues when outputting a project to DVD. In the last week or so something has changed which causes my video to stutter when outputting to DVD. I have produced this before to DVD and had no issues but recently something has changed.

The project is all Standard Definition with a DVD menu, its lasts just over 2hrs. I've used different presets when outputting e.g. Sm,art Fit, HQ and Standard but still has the same issue.

My machine was built this year and can easily handle HD but so you can check I've attach my DXDIAG.

Can anyone offer some tips? Only things i haven't tried is a DVD Writer but the one installed is brand new so i'd be surprised if that had gone already.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Try lowering you write speed on the DVd burner, some burners don't like the fast write speeds.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Adam2Marsh [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've found that if i un-tick the hardware acceleration that stops the stuttering.

Could it be a driver issue???
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
If the DVD burner is brand new, chances are it burns quicker than the previous one. As James says, check yer burn speed. If as you say 'something's changed', seems reasonable to point the finger at the latest change to your system.

Check drivers for new burner are up to date too!
The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
Adam2Marsh [Avatar]
[Post New]
The DVD driver was new with the PC so that hasn't changed.

I do remember a driver update for something on my PC recently, I've now found if i untick Hardware Acceleration Option the DVD outputs fine.

Would this option relate to Video Card?
Thanks guys for your help so far.
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Quite a few folk round here have found that unchecking the hardware acceleration box solves problems, and as far as I'm aware, it does relate to the graphics card.

Do check your DVD driver though. Just because it's fresh out the box doesn't always mean it's shipped with the latest. The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
and to further add to loveclose coometns go to graphic card website...not windows update..use cards driver site.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!