Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SUBTITLES DURING EDITING
ralphps2000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2011 00:03 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
I recently imported music track and used subtitles to coincide with the lyrics. Now, I wanted to edit in specific video to match the subtitles. I locked the video and audio tracks that I don't want to be effected by my "cutting", etc., but the subtitle line is effected. Is there a way to protect the subtitles so they are not moved during editing? They were in sync with the music track that is LOCKED but the subtitles appear to move with editing subsequent video tracks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2012 01:35

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
In PowerDirector settings under Editing, uncheck the box that says Link All Tracks While Inserting. I believe that may be what you are looking for.

Alternatively, you can place the new clip at the end of the time line, then drag it into place. That usually does not disrupt things the same way pasting clips into place does. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ralphps2000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2011 00:03 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks. Next time I'll use the TITLE ROOM (Title Line) for that purpose. You can lock that timeline.
Jimmywalter [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Vienna, Austria Joined: Sep 26, 2011 01:49 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In PowerDirector settings under Editing, uncheck the box that says Link All Tracks While Inserting. I believe that may be what you are looking for.

Alternatively, you can place the new clip at the end of the time line, then drag it into place. That usually does not disrupt things the same way pasting clips into place does.

In PD15 there is no "Link All Tracts While Inserting" option in Editing, nor in the subtitle room.

My desire is a little different. I want to cut parts of a video clip and the subtitles with them so the subtitles stay in sync for the non-cut portion.

I found this post in archived section:

• Mix both techniques?

• Select subtitle 1.

• Shift + select subtitle 50.

• Ctrl + video

• Group

I did that and deleted the group, which deleted the subtitles in that group, but the remaining subtitles shifted out of sync.
I tried creating a subtitle at the beginning of the cut, Selecting it and the subtitles to the end of the cut, but the subtitles still shifted out of sync.

What worked:

• I selected all the subtitles over the part of the clip to be deleted.

• I did a shift-del to delete them and leave the gap

• I then selected the part of the clip to be deleted

• I then did an Alt-del to delete it, fill all gaps, and move all clips

One must have patience if there are a lot of subtitles -- very slow

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 04. 2019 01:55