Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot export my project
minksy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NSW Australia Joined: Aug 26, 2010 00:49 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't been on the forum for a long time ..and wondering if anyone out there knows why when I export my project into another folder it all of a sudden gets to 88% and "Powerdirector has stopped working". My project is only 30 mins long and only contains images and no video..I have just updated my NVIDIA graphics card to version 295.73 and have 3022 patch..I am using Powerdirector 8...and never had any trouble exporting my projects before as i make many DVDs and always export my projects into other folders..I want to be able to bring this project up in future as it is a Family Tree DVD for my Family..Does anyone have any ideas why Powerdirector stops working when I export it????

Thanks
Pam
[Thumb - Powerdirctor has stopped working.jpg]
 Filename
Powerdirctor has stopped working.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
217 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
134 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I haven't been on the forum for a long time ..and wondering if anyone out there knows why when I export my project into another folder it all of a sudden gets to 88% and "Powerdirector has stopped working". My project is only 30 mins long and only contains images and no video..I have just updated my NVIDIA graphics card to version 295.73 and have 3022 patch..I am using Powerdirector 8...and never had any trouble exporting my projects before as i make many DVDs and always export my projects into other folders..I want to be able to bring this project up in future as it is a Family Tree DVD for my Family..Does anyone have any ideas why Powerdirector stops working when I export it????

Thanks
Pam

The only way you can move a project is to use the Pack Project Materials first before you move or change anything.

Project files do not contain the actual videos and photos. Just pointers to where those files are on the hard drive.

As to why PD is crashing, I can only guess, It may be that your project file is so complicated, that when PD can not find all the files, It just gives up.

Then again it might be Windows that is shutting PD down. Windows will close any program that produces too many errors.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.