Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Severe pixelization for Bourne movies
gunslinger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 25, 2012 14:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey there,
I've got a problem with Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy playback. Although when I originally purchased blu-rays as part of Bourne Trilogy blu-ray set about a year or two ago everything played fine, now I get (since end of January at least) a severe pixelization during dark scenes or intense action which occur rather a lot in Bourne movies as you can imagine.

I'm not sure about a timeframe, but I suppose it's either latest Nvidia drivers or PowerDVD updates that act weird. A firmware is latest but it wasn't updated by LG for several years now. I guess, it might be DRM suddenly going rogue, too. Anyway, the setup is:

HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20 L ATA Device (LG Combo-drive)
Nvidia GeForce 9800+ GTX with drivers 8.17.12.9572 (released 09 feb 2012)
PowerDVD 11 version 11.0.2024.53 (I had PowerDVD9 bundled with the drive, but decided to upgrade to the 'latest and greatest' when this problem occured).

Would appreciate any help,
Ivan.

UPD: installing latest powerdvd patch didn't help as well, unfortunately.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 25. 2012 15:28

DeKorsey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2006 20:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
That sounds like a DRM problem, I have seen the same with primarily my movie box sets, unfortunately I don't have a set top to confirm if it's a problem with the disc or the player.
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
So to get this straight, the Bourne movie is the only one having this issue? Have you tried a different movie with the same format?
Skisy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2012 22:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Gonna bump this old topic up. I have the same issue. All of the Bourne blu-rays out of the Bourne Trilogy collection have this issue as described... very annoying! This is the only Blu-ray I've played that has had playback issues such as these. Does anyone know if there are any solutions for this? For now I'm returning my Blu-rays as I don't want films I can't play sitting on my shelf, but it is a collection I would like to have on my shelf, just rather it was working. So if there is a solution please let me know!

Many thanks.

Specs:

Drive: LG GGC-H20L
GPU: GeForce GTX 275
Monitor: Asus VH222H