Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Keyframes don't properly work, I think
jakobigfoot [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Quebec, Canada Joined: Feb 04, 2012 07:26 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
My PC runs under Windows 7 -- 64bits with 8Gb memory, my version is 10 ultra 1129b

Just an example: I select a video clip for which I want to vary lightning adjustment (as explained in user guide at pages 82 and 83). Using keyframe option, I go on a specific image and create a first keyframe with, let's say, Lightning Adjustment scale degree at 25. I move the cursor on the right and create another keyframe at 50 on the Lightling Adjustment scale degree.
Normally, between those 2 keyframes I should expect the lighning to increase gradually from 25 to 50. But it does not work that way; my whole clip is set to 50 whatever I create keyframes or not with different ligthning adjustment selection.

It works fine when I want to change the Brightness for example, but it does not work with effects

I tried with other effects and the result is always the same. No keyframes work. The changes are never progressive as it should be according to the user guide.

Maybe I do something wrong or don't really understand the way it really works. I use the ultra version ugraded from PowerDirector 9. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it without success. Maybe somebody can have some tricks or idea to help me. Thanks

The only thing I know about life is that I know nothing...
MARK_W [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2012 08:50 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
hi jakobigfoot

Sorry I cannot help here, i too have found testing lightning adjustment under keyframes-Fix/Enhance, does not apply the effect gradually, but just switches the effect amount as soon as it gets to the keyframe marker, yet other effects under Fix/Enhance do.

Don't know if this is a bug or just a limitation.

Sorry this is of no help other than its not peculair to your install.

Mark
jakobigfoot [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Mark for your answer. At least I know I'm not alone with this problem if it is one... The only thing I know about life is that I know nothing...
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You are not alone. Some of the FX do not have a ZERO setting. It might SAY ZERO, but it aint.
I was editing a rather artsy bit about an old mill building, and I wanted to key-frame a RADIAL BLUR to come in gradually.
Does not work that way. It's an absolutely terrible programming decision. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Yes - agreed - sad really...

It seems, in order to achieve a gradual shift from one setting to another, we're left with the fairly primitive (by comparison) alternative used by editors in much earlier versions of PD.

Back then, it was a good workaround for a non-existent feature. Now it's a workaround for a non-existent feature.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I was thinking how I might work that out, now I know how!
Thanks, Tony. Really should be no need for it, though.
Same issue with Enhancement, it works very well for some files, but others might need only a wee bit of "help", but there is no "0" setting, or even a lower-end-value. It's either off, or very-very on. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
jakobigfoot [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks to you Barry and Tony, now I can overcome this limitation. The only thing I know about life is that I know nothing...