Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD11 service terminated unexpectedly
Ken62465 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2012 23:27 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having trouble waking my Windows 7 x64 machine and going through the long debugging process. I'm reviewing items in the event viewer. I fixed issues with Peer Name Resolution but it seems when I put the computer to sleep this event gets logged

The Cyberlink PowerDVD 11.0 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 7 times.

When I do get the computer to wake up the service does start again but it sounds like there's an error in it's method of shutting down.

Seems this computer wakes fine if attempted to wake it in under an hour. If I let it sleep for say 2hrs then it seems to power up but blank screen and it's locked up. I tested to see if it was actually active but just no video and was non responsive so I knew it was locked up. I usually pull a USB device plug to see if I hear windows disable the USB device but I confirmed nothing and the only way to resolve it is complete power down.