Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Refresh Rate
CTShooter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2011 22:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I a have a home theater system - I just downloaded the trial version of PowerDVD 12 to replace the PowerDVD 9.5 that came with my computer last year.

Everytime I place a Blu-Ray movie through Media Browser I get a popup about the refresh rate doesnt match and it asks me if I want to auto correct. Is there a way to make it auto correct all the time without the pop-up? This is very annoying when I just try to play a movie file through the home theater PC and do not want to have to go through this each time I watch a movie.

This didnt happen with the 9.5 version and if there is no way to auto set it then I will not be able to purchase the software.

I cannot find this setting in the menu.
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think there is a way to disable it unless you have your graphics card set to refresh at what the movie is before you mount it.

It doesn't work properly either, 99% of Blu-ray's have a frame rate of 23.976, and Power DVD12 wants to change it to 24 Hz. or 24 fps. When you allow it to do this the video becomes jerky and stutters.

Also note that setting your video card at 23.976 helps with the jerky playback, but does not help, at least with my problem anyway.

If your 9.5 version works, then don't waste your money on DVD12.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2012 23:12

nayan007 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 05, 2011 22:50 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
I also would like to suggest you that no way you can disable it,so if your version 9.5is working fine then use that only : !! Love Cyber-Link !!
CTShooter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2011 22:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the info - however my 9.5 is kind of buggy and sometimes has problems with Media Browser so I was looking for an upgrade. I might have to try another software package...Thanks again
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
This version works good for me. May I ask why yu want to find another one? aside from those automatic pop ups.