Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding background music with power producer/director???
Jim123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2012 18:16 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Does anybody know if I can add background music to video as I'm editing and not ater I burn the disc. Also, I don't mean to add music just to menu as I have figured how to do. I recently recorded HD video while scuba diving and was able to add music to an editing compilation of videos quite easily usiny windows movie maker but discovered it lost the HD quality. When i bought LG BD burner the cyberlink software was included but there doesn't seem to be an option to add my own music during the actual movie that I'm creating like I could do with movie maker. Do I need to upgrade to power director? I've searched high and low and just can't seem to find solution. Please help!

Thanks! Jim
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Jim, using original music for videos is the only thing I ever do. All you do is import a 16 bit .wav file the same way you import video files, then drag the audio to any audio track in the project.

If you're talking about using canned music, you can use the "Smart Sound" music files, but it's disappointing how few and short the free bits of music are. Most you need to pay for.

But you can drag in any music file you want. Use .wav files, not MP3s for better quality. Unfortunately, PD still only accepts 16 bit audio instead of the 24 or 32 bit that other video programs use, but at least basic medium quality music can be added that way.

Randy B.
Jim123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your input but it appears you're referring to PowerDirector while I'm using PowerProducer 5.0 so when I tried downloading music thru "video import it doesn't even bring up my music files. It just doesn't open the music files or even show them. Am I correct in assuming you're referring to PowerDirector?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jim -

According to this http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerproducer/languages-formats_en_AU.html PP accepts WAV, MP3 & WMA audio files.

AHA! You've found the PP forum http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21735.page#115861

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for your input but it appears you're referring to PowerDirector while I'm using PowerProducer 5.0 so when I tried downloading music thru "video import it doesn't even bring up my music files. It just doesn't open the music files or even show them. Am I correct in assuming you're referring to PowerDirector?

Right, I didn't notice you were talking about PowerProducer. Hopefully Tony's info helped you out.

Maybe you didn't mean it literally, but it sounds like you're talking about downloading music from the internet directly into PP?-- With PowerDirector, I just use the "import media" button in the upper left corner, and the browser that pops up will take me to any folder on my computer. For a tidy project, I usually move a copy of music I want to use in the project's master folder. Through that import browser, anything that can be used in a video can be imported - video, music, still images.

I guess PowerProducer works differently?

Randy B.
Jim123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I appreciate your help! Thanks!