Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture issues
tuneman59 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2011 09:16 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I was running PD9 and everything worked pretty good on my system running 32bit Vista except for capturing video from my tuner. Well after some deliberation I decided to go for PD10 Ultra because that is the best program of this sort that i have seen or used. Except for that part of it which i was hoping would be resolved when I upgraded.
I just recently upgraded my PC to Win7 64bit, and purchased the cyberlink software. It is a little buggy here and there but what has really got me ticked is the fact that I still cannot capture from my TV tuner card.
So I make videos of my self with my camcorder and capture the vids to my PC and then I edit with PD and upload to youtube. Now the capture part of the software only works when it wants to and when it does it stops working when I actually try to record the incoming video.
I was using Roxio to capture and then PD9 to edit and upload but now Roxio10 no longer works in Win7 so I am stuck, unable to make my videos and wondering why I spent money on an editing program that still won't do one of the most important things, capture the video for editing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, tuneman
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Capture software relies on drivers within Win 7 and application software to enable them to do their job. You'll have to find the drivers for your TV tuner for Win 7 and then see if PD10 is able to talk to it. Most likely it will not. Win 10, i7
tuneman59 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the response! I am a little confused at this point as to whether or not I should be looking at a new graphics card or a new TV tuner card. Neither one will work and while trying to play any sort of video in PD even the mouse pointer gets goofy. It's like stop motion or something. The audio is just bleeps of noise and the video freezes. I wanted Win7 and PD10 so if I have to buy new hardware so be it. I just want to make sure I buy the right thing so I can resume making videos. The Video tuner card is a Happaugh and the graphics card is an Nvidia 7300LE. Both were in the PC when I bought it new I never had any reason to upgrade them til now. Thanks again
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
tuneman59 ,

PD10 requires a PC with multi core capability and a good graphics card. If yours is less than that then you will have video playback issues and serious editing problems as well. Win 10, i7
tuneman59 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the feedback! I just ordered a new graphics and TV tuner card. I guess I'll see what happens when it get here. Take care, tuneman