Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Option To Change To 24Hz Refresh Rate Is Not Always Displayed
Evolving007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 07, 2010 14:16 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I am now using PowerDVD 12. For a first release of a new Cyberlink product I must say its seems quite stable. Have you now employed an internal test team…

One problem I have come across though is when I play some of my BD movie collection I don’t get the option to select the correct refresh rate. For example playing from a folder structure my Gladiator BD movie the change refresh rate option is not displayed. Works OK for other titles

Is there a setting to make PowerDVD 12 to auto switch to 24hz playback when movie playback starts? I could not see the option anywhere
An automatic switch option would also stop the annoying refresh rate switch option appearing each time I play a movie

Thanks
D

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2012 17:59

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

thanks for your feedback.

we are evaluating to have a "never show again" box in the refresh rate pop-up.

Our team also evaluates how to extend the refresh rate setting to other file formats

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Evolving007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 07, 2010 14:16 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Many thanks for your response

I have also noticed in testing. If you fix your system refresh rate to 24Hz and then play Gladiator for example, PowerDVD 12 asks if you want to switch the refresh rate and then proceeds to switch the refresh rate to 30Hz!
I think this is a bug

I think a more basic automatic refresh switch to 24 refresh rate is much better with no interaction
Also the option to disable the feature if users want to switch the fresh rate in another application would be useful
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please let me know which BD Version of Gladiator you use - my Region B is Ok and switches to 24fps

please also provide:
DXDIAG log file
Name of used Display device

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
tHE uKER [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2011 21:14 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I've never seen the option to switch refresh rates.
My TV does support 24 Hz.
86sixsix [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2010 10:08 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
same for me.

bladerunner final cut regB never asks
tron legacy 3d reg-free never asks
labyrinth (yeah, labyrinth) regB asked once
wall-e regB always asks
senna reg-free digibook always asks

when it did ask and i said yes - it worked. but i'm a nvidia 3dtv play user so it switched into an undesirable (processed by the tv as 24x2 frame packed) 3d mode.
Flange [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2012 10:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have an issue with jerky playback from most files on my PC. This is linked to having my projector set to 30hz.
The projector is connected to my PC, so I change the refresh rate in the nvidia control panel.
If I set it to 24hz I get smooth video but no sound, this also happens on every player I use, so I need to reset my amp.

To be able to set the refresh rate within power DVD would be very handy
RRR1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2012 15:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
where to change a rate manually ? automatic setting is messing with my movies.
mike.T [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 17, 2012 05:05 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

You may go to general tab of the setting. And click the "reset all "Never ask again" in dialogs" button. They the dialog would popup again. Select No and tick the never remind me again.