Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Maximum Cores/Threads that PD10Ultra Uses and Performance Differences/Times
[Post New]
Does PD10Ultra use all Processor Cores/Threads simultaneously for Video Editing, Rendering, Encoding, etc? For example: an Intel 2600K or 2700K each with 4 Cores and 8 Threads; and an Intel 3930K with 6 Cores and 12 Threads.

If the answer is Yes, can one assume that all things being basically equal, that a 6-Core/12-Thread Processor would Render/Encode a HD AVI file (e.g., a 1-hour, 28GB file) 50% faster than a 4-Core/8-Thread Processor.

Lastly, is there any way that I can estimate my expected AV Render/Encoding processing times based on AV Play-Time and/or File Size/Type? I assume that CyberLink and their Large User-Base have thoroughly tested and benchmarked the PD10Ultra 64-bit software product on various PC Configurations/Platforms and noted total processing times for Editing, Rendering, Encoding, etc. If so, can anyone please provide PC Platform Configuration information (Processor, Memory and other components you considered noteworthy) associated with benchmark processing times.

Thanks to all in advance for assisting in this matter, Rick.