Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Default brightness level increases to maximum on closing Power DVD 12 !!
technobhatt [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Delhi Joined: Feb 05, 2012 11:28 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Just today, I purchased Power DVD 12 Ultra and it seems to be really great software to watch HD movies.

I have found an issue however.
In my Sony VAIO VPCEA36FG ...After playing a movie, whenever I close the Power DVD 12, brightness level of my laptop screen is increased to maximum level which is quite irritating.
(i.e. there is brightness level between 1-8 in VAIO and I've set it at 4. After playing a movie and closing the software, the brightness level is automatically increased to 8. Strange !!)
The same happens when I close Power DVD 12 and disconnect my LED TV from the laptop (connected via HDMI).

Request you to resolve this issue !!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 05. 2012 11:51

-
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hí,
can you please post the Version numbers of the used Sony Tools ?

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
technobhatt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hí,
can you please post the Version numbers of the used Sony Tools ?

BR
Michael

I have already mentioned the model number.
I'm using Sony Vaio VPCEA36FG(B). below are the few more hardware/software details.

Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit (Service Pack 1). (Upgraded from Home premium)
4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD,
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics 1 GB graphic card.
Intel® Core™ i5-560M Processor 2.66 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.20 GHz
14 (35.6 cm) wide (WXGA: 1366x76 VAIO Display, LED backlight
3 MB (L3 Cache)

http://www.sony.co.in/product/vpcea36fg?tabName=specifications

Hope you understand my concern.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2012 04:51

-
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

afaik Sony uses own applications and services (Software) to control brightness - please post the version numbers of these Software parts.

I have other Sony devices here -they do not show this issue.

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
technobhatt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

afaik Sony uses own applications and services (Software) to control brightness - please post the version numbers of these Software parts.

I have other Sony devices here -they do not show this issue.

thanks
Michael

Michael, could you please tell me the name of sony tools or software which control the brightness. I'll check the version and let you know. -