Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issues with PD6 and ZoneAlarm Firewalls
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ZoneAlarm Firewall Users

Have you experienced any compatability problems between PD6 and any ZoneAlarm firewall product, ie: ZoneAlarm, ZoneAlarm Pro and ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

These issues do not apply to PD5 which has no known problems, or to any other Cyberlink product (known at this stage)

Issues reported to date.

1. PD6 will not reload after exiting program, this may occur if access to the internet is denied.
2. PD6 will not reload, even if internet access is granted
3. PD6 will not reload if internet access is permanently denied
4. ZoneAlarm Program Control shows that PDR.exe is still trying to access the internet after PD6 has been closed
5. ZoneAlarm Program Control shows that RichVideo.exe is still trying to access the internet after PD6 has been closed
6. It is neccessary to reboot in order to reload PD6
7. If you try to uninstall PD6, Add/Remove Programs state that PD6 is still running.
8. If you try to delete the Shared Folders file after deleting PD6 from your system, you are unable to because RichVideo.exe is still running.
9. After rebooting, you are unable to access any program, clicking on any program link and nothing happens, therefore you have to bootup again

R & D are currently trying to find a solution.

I have experienced all of the above issues and Dafydd has experienced some of them.
If you have had any of the above problems, please contribute to this post, so we can assess how wide spread the problem may be.

Robert

Edited

This problem only occurs on my laptop, PD6 was working but was very slow loading, so after trying lots of different fixes, then when the above problems started, it was decided that my OS was at fault. Windows XP was reinstalled so I had a clean machine. PD6 was installed and worked perfectly, but as soon as I installed ZoneAlarm, PD6 crashed as described above.
Again PD5 was reinstalled and worked ok with ZoneAlarm.
On my desktop, PD6 and ZoneAlarm have no issues, so there is a trigger which corrupts some files, but what the trigger is we do not know and this is what R & D are trying to resolve

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 29. 2007 21:41

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
armano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: El Salvador Joined: Jan 01, 2007 10:18 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
When I used PD5, I had ZoneAlarm antivirus and never had any conflicts. I use now a proxy(anonimyzer) that ZoneAlarm markets and, my PD6 cannot produce to YouTube. I wonder if that has something to do with it.
Thanks for the info. No more error messages!
No more crashes!
Great looking videos!!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Armano,

Thanks for your imput, If I install PD5 there are no issues with ZoneAlarm, the problems occur as soon as I install PD6.

ZoneAlarm gave me a free copy of Anonomiser a few years ago when I renewed my subscription. After a month I uninstalled it because it blocked most uploads and downloads.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I can report that my part (what I tested out) of the ZA issue is now resolved - I installed a small patch file. I'm just waiting for Robert's results (his checking) and he can then do a follow up posting for everyone to read. We've both had a lot of "fun" with this one.

Dafydd

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Nov 29. 2007 12:54

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
FUN !!!!!
Installed the patch, and and can report that PD6 now operates with ZoneAlarm Pro, can set the ZA security alert to deny and PD6 opens every time.

Other PD6 users who have ZoneAlarm and have suffered any of the reported problems, can contact Tech. Support for the patch.

Thanks again Dafydd, for your support in resolving these problems

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit

PDtoots