Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best format to work in.
Scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2007 22:57 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I have been working with PD6 for a couple of months now and would like some advice. What is the best format to work with? I have been using the mpeg 2 when I do the produce section. What does everyone recommend?
Also, is there a way to set the SVRT? I have to go in and have to set it every time I do a produce.
BradyB
Senior Member Location: Springfield, Illinois USA Joined: Feb 24, 2007 07:38 Messages: 153 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Scott,

The file you produce kind of depends on where it will be used. Where will your videos be viewed: on your computer, on a portable handheld device, on YouTube, burn a DVD?

Brady
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
They will be burned to DVD. The highest quality possible but not HD (yet).
BradyB
Senior Member Location: Springfield, Illinois USA Joined: Feb 24, 2007 07:38 Messages: 153 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Scott,

Rather than produce a file, I get excellent quality video when creating a DVD directly from PowerDirector. Use the button right next to the "Produce" button at the top of the screen.

Hope this is helpful.

Brady
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
So you can skip this step? Why is the produce step included? If I skip this step will the dvd quality be better, same, or worse than if I used the produce step?
BradyB
[Post New]
Hi Scott,

I think the video quality of the DVD burned by PowerDirector is awesome. Click on some of the burning options to make sure you are burning in High Quality (I don't have the software in front of me to detail the exact steps).

The Produce function is used to create video files for different purposes. I use this function to upload videos to YouTube and SeeMyWorld websites. I also use this to create high-def video files. PowerDirector does not burn to a Blu-ray burner, so you have to produce a file in PowerDirector, then load the file into PowerProducer for burning to Blu-ray.

Brady
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
But in order to burn in HD you would have to capture in HD, right?
BradyB
[Post New]
Hi Scott,

You are correct. The video must first be in recorded in hi-def.

Brady