Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to move the whole project forward as a group
Grumpy [Avatar]
Member Location: Surrey, BC Joined: Jan 24, 2012 17:35 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]

43 minutes long, several music and text tracks. I have about 10 seconds in front of the project that I'd like to remove.

I have tried using the scrubber markers to select the whole project, but don't have the option to "select all" or "group".

I CAN go through all the clips and bits and select each with a Ctrl+ click, but this is very tedious and I could miss a bit as I need to also expand the timeline at the same time as holding the Ctrl key, risky.

I CAN do this by placing an image ahead and then "remove the space", but this can't be the proper way to move a group of files.

Please educate me as to how to do this. I can't find this info on the tutorials I have watched.

Thanks Richard

PD10, build 10.0.1129b SR VDE111213-07
Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (shares the RAM), 931 GB free space
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Richard -

To select all the media in your project, you can just use Ctrl + A to select all. With everything highlighted, right click > Group Objects.

Now they'll all move where you want together.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Grumpy [Avatar]
Member Location: Surrey, BC Joined: Jan 24, 2012 17:35 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Now why couldn't that be accomplished with a mouse click! I clearly now need to learn keyboard short cuts, sigh...

Thanks for the help Tony : Richard

PD10, build 10.0.1129b SR VDE111213-07
Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (shares the RAM), 931 GB free space