Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slower zoom effect
Kriller77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2012 11:24 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Hopefully some can help me out here. I'm doing a video of a kids story, and it has that basic slow zoom of a picture as the person is talking. However, when I apply it to my picture right now, it zooms in really fast and too close.

Anyone have tips?

Thanks
Grumpy [Avatar]
Member Location: Surrey, BC Joined: Jan 24, 2012 17:35 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
OK, I'm pretty new at this too, but I'll give it a go.

1) To start with a simple zoom, double click, or click Modify.
2) At the top left of the pop up window find the thing that looks like a mouse with a tail, something that means movement, click it.
3) Click the green X, that means that you are going to determine the path of the movement.
4) Now locate the blue scrubber, moves along the timeline for this object/clip. Click on it and move it back and forth, this shows you what it will do, like a preview.
5) The orange diamonds at each end are your keyframes, basically points on the timeline that determines where whatever changes you make, are going to happen. Right now you only have one at each end, start and finish.
6) For a simple zoom, move the blue scrubber to the right, end. Now locate the white dot at the bottom center of the image. Slowly pull that a bit and your image will get larger, zoom in.
7) Now move your scrubber back and forth to preview how it will zoom.
If you need it to zoom a bit to one side, place your cursor over the square in the middle and click to position this, at the place in the timeline that you want this to happen. Remember that if you want this position to be the end of the zoom, you MUST do this when the scrubber is at the end.
9) You can click the play button on the preview window to watch it happen. If it looks good then click Save.

If you want to make adjustments later just open the Modify window and remember to have the scrubber where you want it to happen.

Advanced keyframes requires adding new keyframes along the timeline to have the image move to and from and resize and zoom. It gets a bit complicated when you add move keyframe points, but if all you want is a simple zoom, that is easy to do.

Hope this helps get you started.

Cheers Richard

PD10, build 10.0.1129b SR VDE111213-07
Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (shares the RAM), 931 GB free space
Kriller77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I appreciate the help; however, it seems that the bottom center white dot that you said to pull, will not go any further, once it hits the bottom of the black it is forced to stop. Did I do something wrong?
Grumpy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

On the right of the preview window are scroll bars. Pull that down and you will see a blued area that you can continue to pull the dot down into.

Sorry, I should have thought to pass that on, I was baffled for a bit over it just like you.

It would have been nice for CL to provide a zoom setting for the preview window so you could see an area around the actual viewable area as to how far you are zooming. Especially helpful when you want to zoom in real close.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 30. 2012 12:38

Richard

Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (shares the RAM), 931 GB free space
Kriller77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Alright, I get it.

Thanks a lot!!

Appreciate it
Grumpy [Avatar]
[Post New]
You're welcome Richard

Kriller77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Maybe you can help me with something else too.

Whenever you put a transition effect in between two pictures it interlinks them pulling everything back and throwing the sync off with the voice.

Is there a way to keep that interlinking transition, but not effect the rest of the video. If you know what I mean.
Grumpy [Avatar]
[Post New]
First off the voice track should be "grouped" automatically with the video of the same clip, it shouldn't go out of sync when either is moved unless they were "ungrouped".

Whatever has happened, you should be able to keep everything on the timeline synced when inserting by going to Edit > Preferences > Editing, check the "Link all tracks when inserting/removing content in timeline".

It would be a good idea to "group" timeline items that are synced so they stay that way if things do move.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2012 15:35

Richard

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
There are two settings for transitions. You need to change the default to "Cross" and right click on the Track Transition and select Modify Transition behavior. The Modify info only applies when a transition is placed between clips

Preferences (cog icon, top middle) > Editing > set Default transition behavior > Cross or Overlap.

Dafydd

Kriller77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
THANK YOU!!