Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black strips - different colour?
[Post New]
I am making a 16:9 movie from a 4:3 capture which results in a black strip each side of the picture. Is there anyway I can change that colour?.

I have tried to put a colourboard in the main track and the movie in the PIP track which works fine however i want to apply transition etc and I cant do that in the PIP track.

Is there a way to do it??

thanks I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brian,

Have you:
Placed the 4:3 video in the time-line and then right clicked on it and chosen "Set Aspect Ratio" to alter the videos perspective? There are drawbacks to this and you have to decide which and what you'd like to do.

Have you basically dealt with it as a 4:3 and then brought it into PiP - editing in 4:3 and rendering to a finished file.

The latter method would allow you to draw out the size to keep oerspective and allow you to change/select a variety of backgrounds dropped into the time-line.

Hope this gives you a few ideas.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Thanks for the suggestions I am sure I will get what I need with those options.

I wasnt aware of the change of aspect option and maybe I should sit down and read the manual....lol

Again thanks for your help

Regards
Brian
I'm here for a good time, not a long time.