Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem importing still photographs into PD query - thanks
[Post New]
Hi Folks

It's a while since I have used still photographs in PD. I am using PD10. The particular project I am working on involves quite a number of pics from a folder in 'My Pics'. I have these in date order and have checked that they are all rotated correctly before importing them into PD. However, after importing them I notice that not only are they not in date order once more but many of the pics are needing rotated the right way up? I have since found out that they can also be collated in date order in PD library as there is an option to 'View by Date' also in PD, which is fine - but just wondered why they don't import in, in the order they are imported in, in the first place!!? (that does not read good - all these 'ins' - sorry!) However, my main query is that many of the photos once in PD library have rotated anti-clockwise and need rotating using 'Power Tools - Photo Rotation' which of course is very time consuming? Any ideas as to how to avoid my photos being imported into PD in this way?

Many thanks in advance

Heather
[Post New]
Hi Heddybell1
Here works normal, the photos are added as I see in Windows Explorer, can be ordered alphabetically or by date.
I usually rotate the photos you need the viewer of Windows, it saves the change automatically.
I think that your program can rotate to view images only view but not update the original image.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Heather -

It's Tony (from the almost defunct DZ forum).

The images that were imported without the rotation you'd previously applied... in what software did you rotate them? Did you save the images? They're probably silly questions. I only ask because - in some image viewers (as opposed to photo editors), you can change the view without necessarily modifying the image.

I recall this issue occurring before but am unable to locate the thread.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Hi

Thank you both for your quick reply! Much appreciated.

Re the software I used to rotate pics Tony - no, not a daft question, to me, in fact, I'm not sure of the answer! Doesn't that make me sound daft! The folder with the particular pics in question is a folder, I created on my desktop, cutting & pasting particular pics into it from 'My Pics' folder. When I open this folder on my desktop & I right click on the particular pic, it comes up with a box which give you the option to rotate?

Yes - I too recall something similar but also can't locate the thread.

Yes - I am just so disappointed that the DZ forum is almost defunct - it was a terriifc crutch for me and many others I know. I sent you a recent msg there Tony?

Thank you both again for taking the time to reply.

Heather/Heddybell

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Heather -

I'm not sure what the problem is because when I follow your steps (never done that before), PD imports the image just as I'd rotated it.

Without knowing your PC & what settings are applied, it's hard to say. The best suggestion would be to open the images in a photo editor, rotate them, save them... then import.

It's a fair enough question when things don't go as you think they should... but I don't have a fair enough answer.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. Yes - PM received. Thankyou
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Fair enought Tony!

Thanks anyway.

Heather