Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help required urgently.
shezza1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2012 15:43 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,I really need a few answers to questions that I cant find anywhere.
When I look at the image before I drag it into the timeline it is very good quality. But as soon as I drag it into the timeline and look at the quality it is poor, is this the final quality to expect?
Some clips have a film clip in the bottom left hand corner saying "shadow file ready" but some clips have a film clip in the bottom left hand corner saying "shadow file generating" what does this mean.
also the clips that say "shadow file generating" never turn green!
Lastly when I move along the clips in the time line some clips go green and slow down?
Any help would be very helpful.....................Pete.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pete,
OK, you first need to provide some more information about your computer BEFORE going any further.

See guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Part B please provide the info.

Thanks

Dafydd
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Pete -

Shadow files are lower resolution versions PD generates to lighten the load on your PC. That might partly explain the poorer quality.

You can turn off shadow files in Preferences. Uncheck "Enable HD Processing".

PC's with enough grunt don't need this.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
shezza1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2012 15:43 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Pete,
OK, you first need to provide some more information about your computer BEFORE going any further.

Thanks

Dafydd

Here are some detail as requested...........

Windows 7
PD version 10.0.0.0925
SR No. VDE110805-01
Norton Antivirus.
TexasCityDave#1
Newbie Location: Southeast TX Joined: Aug 08, 2011 22:58 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]

Quote:
Quote: Hi Pete,

Thanks

Dafydd

Here are some detail as requested...........

Windows 7
PD version 10.0.0.0925
SR No. VDE110805-01
Norton Antivirus.
WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 BIT [SP1]
ASUS P8P67LE MB
Intel Ci7 2600K 3.40 Ghz
2X 8GB 1600Mhz Dual BL
2X EVGA GTX460 1GB SC
120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
2X 1TB WD10000 SRTL Caviar Black
PD 9 Ultra 64
LG-12X Blu-Ray
Cameras: Canon 7D, Canon HF S21
[Post New]
I have the same isue! when I upload my video is a HD and when I place in the timeline change the quality a lot less, I did what they said to un select the Enable HD video procesing and is the same, no change.
Is this another setting I have to change?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Anselmo -

Try resetting the Preview Screen resolution. Under the preview screen you'll see this button...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
The 'problem' is, that PD still gives you the view(s) of the shadow image files in the preview window!
When deactivating the option "Enable HD video processing (shadow file)" you might also click on the "Manually Delete" button below.
You'll then get a list of all shadow files (may take some seconds until the list is ready!)
Then, in the list window, use the buttons in the upper right corner to, e.g., select ALL shadow files for deletion, or choose them using the checkboxes in the left column of the file list.
When finished choosing, click the "Delete Selected Files" button in the lower left corner (rather a decent kind of button), return to the Workspace view of PD and you'll get the optimum resolution of your clips in the preview and the media viewer window.

Michael.
[Post New]
Beatifull!!! I got it, I was going to get the upgrade but I was thinking because this isue.
Now my preview is like charmin, I have a quad prosesor and I see everithing in real time HD I just love it.
Thanks a lot both of you.