Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sports music and where to get it?
Scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2007 22:57 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I am doing a video edit for the football team and have all the highlights done. I need some good instrumental music and really don't care for the smartsound music and sure don't want to pay $99 for one little cd that they offer. Where do most people get some good music for such a thing? I want something that is energetic and good.
McCullough [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2007 19:19 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I do the basketball tapes for my son's high school team and I get mine from i-tunes, so you can buy it by the song.
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am trying to make it so the kids like the music but need to make it so adults can listen to it without going nuts. What are some good sports music that you think would work? Thanks for your previous reply.
McCullough [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2007 19:19 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
You might be surprised at what the kids might like - they laughed themselves silly when I put the Harlem Globetrotters "Sweet Georgia Brown" over a clip of their freshman year for a "looking back" piece I did to kick off this year's (their senior season) basketball season dinner.

I have used things like Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days," Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust," I can't remember who did it, but "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" (maybe Pat Benatar) comes to mind. "Born to be wild" by Steppenwolf. I've also used recordings of marching band music from time to time, I think the University of Michigan Marching band has some on i-tunes. You might also try doing a search on i-tunes for "football music" or "sports music" to see if it gives you any ideas.

Hope this helps!

Susan
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Susan. I appreciate any input possible. I will do some looking and listening for that right sound.