Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving Subtitiles without overlaping
JayBird [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2011 23:07 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I am using Power Director 9 and am working with subtitles. The subtitles are words of my music going across the bottom of the screen. I had to make changes by adding some additional media and now the subtitles are not lined up with the music track. Is there a way I can move all subtitles without messing up the order or positioning?

Thanks for the help.

jsburton11@yahoo.com
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

I am using Power Director 9 and am working with subtitles. The subtitles are words of my music going across the bottom of the screen. I had to make changes by adding some additional media and now the subtitles are not lined up with the music track. Is there a way I can move all subtitles without messing up the order or positioning?

Thanks for the help.

jsburton11@yahoo.com

I do not think that Powerdirector has the ability to move a group of subtitles. You can move one at a time by dragging.

There is a subtitle editor that has the ability to change the timing for a group of subtitles.

Free Subtitle Editor.
http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit

To use this subtitle editor with Powerdirector, you export the subtiles as a SRT file.
Edit your subtitles, save the change, then in PD Import SRT or Text file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2012 23:05

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Hello,

Thanks for the help.

jsburton11@yahoo.com

I do not think that Powerdirector has the ability to move a group of subtitles. You can move one at a time by dragging.

In PD10 you can select multiple subtitles, either on the timeline or in the text window. I no longer have PD9 but it probably works there, too. Jerry Schwartz
JayBird [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2011 23:07 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you both very much for your help. I did find the second reply helped most. I was able to click on the first subtitle and hold shift down while clicking the last box. This highlighted all included subtitles and I was able to drag to the new location. Thanks again!