Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My "bubbles" dont work
[Post New]
Hi there,

All off a sudden the "bubbles" in Effects doesnt work. I lay the "bubbles" on the timeline, play it, and the bubbles dont show. Its not a biggie in my life but the kids like it and who wants to disappoint the kids.

Any ideas that might help.??

thanks

PS I have tried several of the other "effects" and they work fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 21. 2007 23:29

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Brian,

What PD6 build are you using please? Have you applied the latest patch?

There was a report some time ago of "bubbles" not working in an earlier build..same experience as you're having.

Have you done a re-install?

Dafydd
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Thanks for your response.

I have PD6 - 6.00.173b and I have recently done a reinstall and must admit prior to the reinstall the "bubbles" worked perfectly.

I also noticed that any mpeg2 files I have produced (even prior to the reinstall) play in 4:3 even though they were produced in 16:9. When I attempt play the mpeg files the system searches for codec's and then it comes up with an error but plays the mpeg (in 4:3 mode) as if it found a codec but it wasnt the right one. Maybe you could give me your comments on this situation also.

Regards
Brian

PS I wasnt aware that there is a more recent patch. I downloaded build 1731b about 2 months ago and it seemed to have fixed a few problems. Would the codecs to play mpeg2 files be included in the PD6 software or is it something I need to locate elsewhere.?

Maybe I should do another reinstall....what do you think?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2007 04:28

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Brian,

I think you'll need to do a re-install again. I'm not sure but I think you have a corrupt installation with regard to the bubbles and the mpeg issue really confuses me.

I've just done a quick test (on a video file I created ages ago) with 1731b build and brought in an mpeg file (16:9) and the program recognizes it correctly. Please check the aspect ratio selection setting you've made.

What DVD video playing software do you have on your system? PowerDVD?

I doubt you need to apply the latest 2312b patch at this time... I think you need to do a defrag and a re-install.

Let me know how you get on....

Dafydd

[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Well...I un-installed PD6....defraged the disk...re-installed PD6

Started PD6...dragged "aquarium" into the timelime....dragged "bubbles" into the timeline....played the result.....No bubbles....

Woe is me.....

I will try some more combination but it appears that my bubbles have disappeared

Whats was the patch you mentioned earlier in the thread?

Thanks I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Brian,

The latest patch is:
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch_417_4_ENU.html

Let me know how you get on.

Dafydd
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Brian,
I had this problem too. Do your various Christmas effects work? Snowflakes, candy canes, etc.
Oddly enough, they all worked on my wife's computer, an almost identical setup! This was with PD5, when I went to PD6, all was well again.
I never actually solved the issue.
Barry Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
[Post New]
EUREKA!!

Problem solved!

After many variations of uninstalling and reinstalling on several machines I discovered that if I increase my display quality to 32 (bit) the bubbles , candy canes and several others came back.

just to clarify - right click on desktop - properties - settings - adjust color quality to 32 bit.

I note in system requirement only 16 bit was required. Must be something unique about my graphics card or system generally.

Thanks for your help and input guys.......
Trent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2007 15:18 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I have the "bubble" on mine, but I cannot change the font in them to the sizes I want. From the start, I choose a font, and it automatically changes to some small size, but I cannot change it after that point. Does anyone know what's going on, or what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

Trent
[Post New]
Hi trent,

I think everybody had that problem. It was solved in later build versions.
What build version do you have.?

If its not the latest perhaps you should update.

Regards

Trent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2007 15:18 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I'm just wondering, does it cost anything to update? I hope not.

Thanks,
Trent