Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What computer system would you recommend?
BelindaB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2009 17:19 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I currently use Powerdirector 8, but upgrading as soon as we buy a new computer. I've looked at the system requirements for Powerdirector 10 ... but would love some suggestions on an ideal system to cope with Powerdirector 10.

Current use:
* editing & producing AVCHD format
* lots of photo editing in Lightroom (but figure the video editing is going to the more intensive).

Currently looking at Intel i7-2600, maybe 12gb of ram, and not sure on best video card.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Belinda.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2012 19:10

amandasmith [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 05, 2011 03:30 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
For full HD quality H.264 or MPEG-2 you require an Intel i5/i7 processor, your i3 may struggle with those formats.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Belinda -

I find these charts useful for general comparisons. You may too...

Here's your proposed CPU (I7-2600) http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-2600+%40+3.40GHz

Here's the high end GPU chart http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

12GB RAM is mountains. Hard drives should be way bigger than you think you'll ever use (that's tech talk).

Oh - and best to get a 64-bit OS to get the best out of PD Ultra & other 64-bit software.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BelindaB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2009 17:19 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
thanks Tony, those charts are very helpful.