Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Library is on a per-project basis, right?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using a previous project as a template since the new project needs the same intro and outro. It's easiest to leave those clips and FX in place in the time line.

But of course the media bin is full of clips from the previous project that I don't need. It's safe to "remove from library"--right?--without those clips and pictures being removed from the original project?

Randy B.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, remove from library is fine, it's just a holding area. You can even remove clips in the library that are currently in the timeline if you wish. You can also manage your media libary with the folders feature to keep stuff available but out of site if you wish.

Jeff
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, remove from library is fine, it's just a holding area. You can even remove clips in the library that are currently in the timeline if you wish. You can also manage your media libary with the folders feature to keep stuff available but out of site if you wish.

Jeff

Thanks much, Jeff, for the reassurance. I suddenly broke out in a sweat worrying that I could screw things up. I should probably use folders, since this is a series of related videos - they could each have their own folder, and things would be tidy. And I could more easily find something from another project if I ended up needing it.

Great--Thanks again!
Randy B.