Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I need some tips on how to parse lots of little scenes from many clips
andrew3202 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: indiana Joined: Sep 29, 2011 22:10 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I'm helping create a series of video clips (sports) of a single player in a given sport that will be made available to college coach recruiters. I'm working with several hours worth of clips ranging from 30 seconds to a few minutes focused mainly on the player in question. At first I thought I could put the markers at the beginning and end of each segment and COPY / PASTE them to another video track.... Seems I don't understand how to do this.

Remember, there may be from 1 to 10 action shots of the player on any given segment of video.

Might I ask for some suggestions? Ultimately the plan is to have a handful of short collections of action shots suitable to share with college recruits... 30 seconds to 60 seconds....

Thanks
[Post New]
I do this a lot with my kids sports. Take your clip and drop it on track one. Then click one the "multi trim" tab. A new screen will open with your clip. Play the video (or use the scrubber) till you get to the first segment you want to use. Hit the "mark in" button. Play the clip till you want it to stop and then hit the "mark out" button. Repeat (mark in/mark out) for as many clips that you want to use from the large segment. When you are done, click OK. Now in your timeline you will see multiple clips instead of the entire length of the video.

Hope that helps.