Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Very Simple Question
thishastobeauniquen12435 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Western NY Joined: Jan 02, 2012 11:07 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
New to Power Director but long time video editor. I cannot change the background color of a very simple title. All I want to do is to have a simple text in Black color (My Title) against a plain background color of say Red. I can change the text color easy, but there is not way to change the color? It is always black! Usually in most programs it is a simple right click or there is a menu option to change the color of the background. I see how you can load an image as a background but there must be a way to just simply change the color? tinman
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

In PD, there's no "background colour" option. Something needs to be inserted, such as a colour board, image or video clip.

This tutorial illustrates it http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/12/ccSNU_Z7BRc (PD8, but still just about the same)

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Thanks! But there is no way to change the color boards? I get it now though thanks. Still strange there is not a way to select your own color. The color boards are OK but there are lots of other colors! Thank you so much for the help! tinman
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi thishastobeauniquen12435,

A new color can be set - simply select the icon on the right to create a new colorboard.

Please see attached image.

Dafydd

[Thumb - sdukpd10-20117-pd516b.png]
 Filename
sdukpd10-20117-pd516b.png
[Disk]
 Description
New color
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4314 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 02. 2012 12:02

[Post New]
Oh my god! I am an idiot! Well one last question lol! How do you wrap text in a text box? I have a large block of text that needs to be in the title. I can make it 8 point font easy enough, but it goes off the screen. I want to resize the text box so it wraps all the text into the box. Thanks again! tinman
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Press Enter! PD doesn't wrap!
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I would use MS Word, work out the length per line and you can carry forward any unusual characters. Just copy'n'paste the text across. Set the font by changing the default Title content before pasting.

Dafydd