Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD 11 Ultra v.2408 won't play BD of Predator 2
[Post New]
The update to v.2408 seems to have broken PDVD 11's ability to play this Fox Blu-ray.

Since this latest update, when I try to play Predator 2, I now get the error message:
Your Blu-ray player requires an update to play this disc.

Version 11.0.2211.54 (i.e. before the latest update) played this same disc on this same PC without a complaint. The only problem was an image breakup into pixellation for about two seconds at the layer change. (It's not a faulty disc.) Version 11.0.2408.53 won't play the disc at all.

I've checked I have the latest firmware for the Blu-ray drive (an LG BH10-LS30 BD writer) and the latest driver for my video card (an ATI Radeon HD 5700). Neither of those have changed since the last time I successfully played this same BD on this machine.

The disc is from the UK Predator Trilogy boxed set. The Blu-rays of Predator and Predators still play with no issues.

I'm running PowerDVD 11 Ultra on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.
My SR number is DVD111208-03, TR number is TR111209-010.

Is there other info needed for the developers to look into this please, Michael?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 25. 2011 11:17

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bran,

if the title worked before it might be related to a codec pack or AV blocking a codec.

please check:
- AV solution up - to - date (do you use Norton?
- which codec packs are installed

Br
Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Thanks Michael.

1) I'm currently using Avira, but yes it's fully up-to-date.

2) I have no independent codec packs installed on my system. I have a couple of audio products that load their own plugins is needed (for instance, foobar2000, that I use for making and tagging mp3s of my CDs for my mp3 player), but I don't have them running simultaneously to PDVD (which takes sole control of the audio in my PC anyway). If I have a problem with PDVD, I always cold-reboot my PC anyway to clear any such things from memory as a first response.

But none of all this has changed on my PC between PDVD 11 2211 and PDVD 11 2408.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bran,

can you please try to clear the BD-Live cache - the folder can be found under Settings > Blu-ray > advanced

please let me know the result
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
HellbillyDeluxe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2008 06:43 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sorry to dig out this old thread, but I'm having the exact same issue with the UK version of Predator 2 and PowerDVD 14 Ultra 14.0.4028.58. I already tried to delete the cache folder, but it didn't work.
rhysneville [Avatar]
Newbie Location: N/A Joined: Jul 01, 2013 08:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm sorry to dig out this old thread, but I'm having the exact same issue with the UK version of Predator 2 and PowerDVD 14 Ultra 14.0.4028.58. I already tried to delete the cache folder, but it didn't work.

I'm having the exact same problem. Downloaded Aurora blu ray player and it worked straight away but I want it to work on PowerDVD! N/A