Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is pd 6 best for editing sports highlights?
Scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2007 22:57 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I was just wondering if PD 6 is the fastest and easiest to use when editing football highlights? I have many games that I need to get highlights from to make a highlight dvd. Any one care to comment?
Cindy R [Avatar]
Member Location: Louisiana, USA Joined: Feb 27, 2007 16:34 Messages: 124 Offline
[Post New]
I have previously used Pinnacle and Ulead's products to create year end slideshows and videos for my kids' high school sports. Those products are not anywhere close to PD 6 as far as ease of use, eye-catching transitions, menus, etc. I have mainly done slideshows with some embedded video for soccer, cross country and golf using PD 6. As long as you have lots of memory and a lots of GB hard drive space, then you shouldn't run into the frustrations that I had with the other products of the program crashing after you have been working on it for hours! Good luck!
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
How much memory are we talking? What os are you using?
Cindy R [Avatar]
Member Location: Louisiana, USA Joined: Feb 27, 2007 16:34 Messages: 124 Offline
[Post New]
I have a HP Media Center PC with Windows XP. 1.5 GB RAM and 270 GB Hard drive with an additional removable hard drive. I know it pales in comparision with some of you pros out there, but it works well with what I need it to do. The video really takes up lots of hard drive space and I have lots of music files on my hard drive to use with the slide & video projects. I also only use this computer to do video & slide show editing and not for everyday use. I have read on this forum and heard lots of horror stories with compatibility with Vista so I'm in no hurry to upgrade yet. Hope that helps.
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will be dual booting xp pro and vista and experimenting with both. I don't know for sure if it is compatible with xp 64 and vista 64, so if anyone on here can tell me if it is or not, I would greatly appreciate it.
I will have (depending on whether I use 64 bit) at least 3gb of memory and 3 500gb hard drives plus 2 esata 500gb external backup hdd. That should be sufficient I would think.
As for speed I will have the Q6600 oc to 2800 or more. So I think I should be set for that, it is just now to find out if 64 bit will work to determine my memory amount.