Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Volume and gain control of clips in track
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
I have struggled with how to approach setting proper levels of volume such that voiceover, music, and video clips are at appropriate levels throughout the project. I can't really figure out when gain has a benefit. I find that the voiceover seems to somewhat suppress the music, which I appreciate. But I always have to make numerous other adjustments.

But when I import music, I have to set it at 10 and my voiceover at 100. Likewise, my video clips often need to be set at 100. There are no other settings available to me to increase the mic, etc. In previous products I could adjust any audio to 200% or more without having to use an adjunct audio editor which takes so much time when you have like 100 clips to adjust in the project.

What strategies do experienced users of PD use for this?

Also, I noticed that when I break up a project into several parts for editing and then insert them into one for preparation for burning, all the audio levels of the inserted parts reset to "original" levels which destroys all the time and effort I put into in setting all these clips.

Exasperated once again.

Bill Seifert Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
Surely someone out there has mastered the options of volume and gain control. Which settings do you use to balance between voiceover, music, audio clips, video clips? The Normalizing feature could help, but it screws up adjustments I've made here and there to allow viewers to hear the voiceover without being drowned out with music or other audio on the timeline. And if I insert another project at the end of the current project, its volume levels get changed from the settings that I've set before. Grrrrr.

I need an approach that helps me reduce the constant re-doing of levels to balance it all.

Bill Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Deleted:
Posted in error.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2011 20:45

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.