Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
menu and fit video to audio
Martin2011 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2011 12:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have two questions:

How do I fit the video to the audio without having to manually go into the 100+ pictures and shorten them?

Roxio has a feature that automatically shortens (or lengthens) the time frame of the picures without changing the video lengths so it matches the length of the audio track (music).

Does PD10 have a similar feature?

2.When I make a menu page and add productions to it, it automatically makes a submenu when adding the 2nd page. I only have 4 productins and would like to keep them on the same (front) menu page if possible. Can I?

Thank you in advance for any help.
BobInWA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2012 19:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I just purchased PD10 in the hopes that there is a simple option to do fit funtion. I hope someone replies to this question with a solution before I construct my first slide show in PD10. :
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: 1.
How do I fit the video to the audio without having to manually go into the 100+ pictures and shorten them?

Roxio has a feature that automatically shortens (or lengthens) the time frame of the picures without changing the video lengths so it matches the length of the audio track (music).

Does PD10 have a similar feature?

Not to my knowledge, several have asked for it for yrs but I have not seen that it has been added. What you can do is mute or delete your audio track and then "produce" your video in the format you desire. Bring this produced video into a new PD project and add your music track. Now you can speed up or slow down the video with the power tools options to match your music length.

Quote: 2.When I make a menu page and add productions to it, it automatically makes a submenu when adding the 2nd page. I only have 4 productins and would like to keep them on the same (front) menu page if possible. Can I?

No, PD menu system is somewhat constrained. You always have a "root" menu page and then at least 1 "chapter" page.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Martin & Bob -

Here's a tutorial (made by Cap'n Kevin) that shows exactly the process Jeff has described for setting your slideshow to match the music's duration... http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots?feature=mhee#p/u/32/dMqUCY2rjJA

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!