Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing Problem
[Post New]
I have some video clips grouped together. When I insert a transition to a video clip earlier, all video clips which are grouped move to the right except one track. I though grouped objects are linked together. In SETTINGS all tracks are linked together.

Power Director 13 LIVE 13.0.2104.0 64 Bit
Win 7 Professional SP1 Build 7601, Motherboard Gigabyte Tech Z68A-D3-B3, X86, Intel Core i5-2400 CPU - 3.10Ghz RAM 6Gb, Virtual Memory 16Gb, 4 HDD, 1Tb each. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650. Camcorders: Canon XA10, Canon
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi David,
Have you looked up:
Preferences > Editing > Check "Link all tracks ....."

Have you checked:
Preferences > Editing > Transition behaviour and checked out the options.
I use "Cross" as my default.

The shift/movement when placing anything in the tracks or removing can be problematic. You need to watch your style of editing. Using Shift+Delete or Right click and Remove and Leave Gap can help when removing clips. You can then decide what gap closing method you want to use.

That's what I do.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2011 13:08

[Post New]
Thank you for your advice. The problem has been solved.

I am using an editing technique which I find it useful. When I have two tracks of filming from two different cameras. I just open a new Project and edit the filming sequence thoroughly. Then I Render it and afterwards insert the complicated 2 camera sequence in the final project.

I think that is the way professional film makers do or the editor in this instance - they just slice the movie bit by bit and then bring it together. Power Director 13 LIVE 13.0.2104.0 64 Bit
Win 7 Professional SP1 Build 7601, Motherboard Gigabyte Tech Z68A-D3-B3, X86, Intel Core i5-2400 CPU - 3.10Ghz RAM 6Gb, Virtual Memory 16Gb, 4 HDD, 1Tb each. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650. Camcorders: Canon XA10, Canon