Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Java "Jive Tree" error in PDVD 11 Ultra
[Post New]
I'm having a problem with playback of a Blu-ray (the Alliance Canada release of Scream 4) in Power DVD. It plays through all the enforced (grrr!) trailers with no problems, but when it comes to the film itself, it halts with this message:

Can't load Jive Tree! caught: Java.lang.NoDefFound class error

and the disc stops playing. It won't respond to any command other than Stop. Reloading the disc, or cold booting the PC and reloading the disc, only results in the same error.

Can anyone shed any light on this, please?

Software:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit + SP1
Power DVD 11 Ultra version 11.0.2211.53 (SR DVD110929-01, TR 111011-002)
DVDFab Passkey 8.0.4.2
nayan007 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 05, 2011 22:50 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Please go through the link and check that all the configuration settings and match yours :- http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/hardware-support_en_US.html?&r=1 !! Love Cyber-Link !!
[Post New]
Sorry? Your post makes no sense.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bran,

please help to post more info about the issue on your platform or contact the technical support:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
It only happens with one disc out of a couple of hundred. I doubt it's a hardware issue directly, unless it's to do with copy protection.

Do you have any idea what the error refers to? I couldn't find any reference to it on the Cyberlink or DVDFab forums or on the broader internet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 11. 2011 08:32

Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

- please make sure to use a physical disc instead of BD-Rip
- please disable all copy protection cracking software runing in background.

thanks
Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Hi Michael,
1) Yes, it's a full commercial retail Blu-ray disc from Alliance in Canada, bought through Amazon.ca. I don't have any ripped or cracked software or discs.
2) I've had to buy DVDFab just so I can play discs of my own BD region (RRegion B), since my installation of PowerDVD is locked on Region A and tech support has done nothing to resolve the matter. But in this case, since the disc is Region A, I can close down DVDFab.

I rebooted the computer without DVDFab loading, and I still get the same error, exactly as quoted in my OP. The disc plays fine through the enforced trailers, but as soon as it goes to load the movie i get the Jive Tree error.

[Post New]
SO: no-one's heard of this?

I've logged a question with Cyberlink support, but still haven't had an answer.

Ye Gods but support for this product sucks!!
[Post New]
Hi,

please update your PowerDVD 11 to latest Version v2408

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Huh. My installation of PowerDVD wasn't telling me there was an update available, even though in the Settings dialogue, on the Player tab, the option to "Automatically connect to the Internet for product information" is selected, and I have an active internet connection whenever my PC is booted up and the application is enabled through my firewall.

Is there another setting somewhere that would prevent me being notified about available updates?

Thanks, Michael.
Bran
[Post New]
Hi,
maybe yourAV is blocking

br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
No, as I said the application is enabled through my firewall.

If I manually chose the "Upgrade" command from the "About" menu option, then it saw the update – so it's able to see the Cyberlink server through the firewall. It just isn't doing it automatically, like it's supposed to.