Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVDs look like camcorder videos
DSS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2009 22:18 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. Most of our DVDs' quality looks like it was filmed with a camcorder using PowerDVD 11, while they look good using Media Player. I hope you understand what I mean from that description.

Does anyone know why this is occuring and what we can do to fix it?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

no, we do not know about such issue - please check this thread and help to provide more information.

please also provide more info about the DVD titles that show the issue.

Please check if TrueTheater is enabled or disabled - and check the result with on/off

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DSS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Seems the problem is that TrueTheater being enabled causes it. That's too bad because our blu-ray movies look better with TrueTheater. Is there any other way around this? I don't know enough about TrueTheater mode to know what it is doing to the movie.

I think all of our DVDs show this, including Cowboys and Aliens, Tropic Thunder, Criminal Minds, 50 First Dates, etc.

All of our blu-ray movies look great.

Thanks for the response.
amandasmith [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 05, 2011 03:30 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Check the following information https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=7004&prodId=172&prodVerId=687

Hope this information helps you.
DSS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Great link, Thanks, Amanda. Yep, without a doubt truetheater.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep it disabled.