Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
P2G shuts down on Data Disc & Music Disc selection
keefy [Avatar]
Member Location: Isle of Wight Joined: Aug 19, 2008 09:20 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
I have had this prog. working in the past, but recently it has developed a most annoying habit. Whenever I try to chose an action on the Data Disc or Music Disc options the opening page flashes by and the prog. closes.

I have had great difficulty uninstalling it. Firstly, the auto uninstall would not work, and neither would trying manually - claiming a file was in use... Eventually I managed to uninstall it in Safe Mode, then clean up reg. etc. Following a clean reinstall, this part of P2G still will not work.

Incidently, I also have recently installed the new Power Director which includes another version of Wave Editor but I do not think my problem relates to that.

I experimented this morning in order to help a freind who uses the Windows Media burning facility, and I suspect that P2G has somehow lost the ability to relate to my burner drives.

I have now reinstalled it several times (the auto unistalling working fine), and done a System Restore, but still no joy.

Please could anybody help?

Thanks
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please check this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17720.page

and help to provide as many info as possible.

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
keefy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply concerning my problem with Power2Go V8.
Here is the info. requested on your link:

1. I have PowerDVD Ultra11 downloaded upgrade) on my system.
2. The SR number (of PowerDVD) is 110929-01
3. DxDiag att.
4. My main writer is a LG Blu Ray unit
5. The is no Log File for Burning Failure (I haven't got that far!)
6.No virtual drive is in use.

Note: I can use Power Director to burn videos, so the writer performs OK.

Things I have already tried to rectify my problem:
1. I have uninstalled Quicktime and other Apple apps. - some say they can cause conflict.
2. I have tried deleting the low filters from the registry (no high ones showing).
3. I have uninstalled/Reinstalled 6+times cleaning properly every time.
4. I tried reinstalling V.7 and the same problem occurs. i.e. with Data & Music options the "explorer" page flashed on/off and the program closes before I can make my selection. It is as if the burner has not been initialised.
5. I have uninstalled the drivers in, Device Manager, to all my drives - knowing that Windows refreshes them on re-boot.
6. I have read that Windows7 burning prog (within Media Player) can cause a probem in hijacking the burning capabilities of other burning software, but cannot find a solution.
7. I have written to Tech support, but I'm not holding my breath.

If there is anything else, please ask...

Thanks again
Keith

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Diagnostic File
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
307 time(s)
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

thanks - can you please check if there is any crash log:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17720.page#107630

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
keefy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again Michael.

Here is the file you asked for. I made a screen video of me of me trying to access P2G, but at 8MB it seemed too big to send.

K
 Filename
P2Gcrashingforforum.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Error file
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
332 time(s)
[Post New]
Hi you can also uplaode the 8MB file

Werde Facebook Fan
keefy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank for your interest. I still cannot get it to work on Data and Disc selection.

Att. is poor quality (small) video showing what happens...

Help!

Keith
 Filename
P2Gshutdown.avi
[Disk]
 Description
P2G shut down..
 Filesize
1257 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
366 time(s)
[Post New]
Hi,

I just sent you a PM - please check

BR

Werde Facebook Fan