Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why will it not render.
romanwood [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2011 20:00 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I'm running powerdirector 10 on a stable, internet free, win xp, service pack 3 machine with 2 gigs of ram. Ive just finished a short video and it will not render. Tried a mov and mpeg file. It reaches 80% or so then just hangs with the estimated time left Increasing. I have to force close the program.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 03. 2011 13:22

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Well... only 2 gig RAM is a problem... with no internet you are probably way out of date with your drivers and quicktime updates... all of which MUST have the latest drivers for PD10. No idea what you have for a video card...

We cannot troubleshoot without information....

Go here and gives us part B and attach it please....

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page;jsessionid=BEF49EE13A76F1F312AA6863D752B288 __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
romanwood [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, it has nothing top do with my ram, which is actually 3 gigs, which iud plenty for the small video I'm trying to render. The quicktime and nivifa video card drivers are up to date. What is happening is that the program crashes when it gets to the ' new blue color melt' effect. Add this to a least one title font listed that doesn't actually work in the even program and the annoying 'activation' nag after inputting the activation code, the whole thing is feeling pretty flaky.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok, it has nothing top do with my ram

OK then, problem solved...

Let's start again, please respond to Bubba's request, then we'll have at it. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
romanwood [Avatar]
[Post New]
So, it's rendering mov files only up to the effect I mentioned, then the sound and video goes silent and black. It renders avi and wmv but only the sound and the animations. I havent tried mpg 4.
Ill post the requested specs when I have time, already this has been too time consuming.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Well, we're here everyday, and some real smart folks dwell here. It might be something minor, maybe not.
File types and SD or HD also matter, but the DXdiag from part B is an excellent starting point. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Romanwood;
I think I know why Bubba thought you had 2GB of RAM....
Quote: service pack 3 machine with 2 gigs of ram

OK, so do you have an issue or are you just VENTING!!!??? Depending on your system, patch level, project, etc. 3 GB may NOT be enough to adequately run PD10, and could be a contributing factor.

1.We need to look at your DXDIAG file ...use Bubba's link above. (PART B...and PART A if you have the time)
2. Some of the issues you are describing are part of the latest patch fixes. (You will need an internet connection to download the files)
3. I realize that the time you take to read my reply might be more than you want to spend so I am keeping it short....HELP us to help you...communicate and provide the information we ask to help us analyze the issue correctly.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Dec 08. 2011 00:35

kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok, it has nothing top do with my ram, which is actually 3 gigs,.

Doesn't matter how much ram you have in XP it will only recognize 1.6 GB !! Unless you have modified the registry. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
[Post New]
kingsmeadow;
I am not sure how you think this adds to the solution for romanwood.

I am also unsure WHERE you got your hardware or information, but it contains some logic errors (this discussion belongs on your own post).

What we have asked ROMANWOOD for is a DXDIAG files to assist in his problem.
romanwood [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here you go,

Thanks.

1. Which operating system do you use, W7, Vista, XP?

Windows xp Sp3
3 gigs of RAM
on a stable system which only runs audio production applications

2. Which version of PD, See Part A below

10.0.0.1129a

3. Which SR number (available in the "About" box of PD and is NOT the CD-Key!)

VDE111019-03

4. What kind of video source material used (codec / container), extension? We often ask for a 5 to 10 second sample , please provide one as an attachment.

MPEG-4

5. A detailed step by step description of the problem. See Part D below.

Will not render in any format. It is a small 5 minute video with a few fades, titles and occasional effect. MPEG and MOV stall out when the file reaches “new blue color melt” effect.

6. What anti-virus solution is installed on your PC?

Whatever came with windows, defender? It’s disabled.

7. What codec packs installed? See PD's Readme html file

I don’t know where to find the Readme html file but it’s using whatever came with the latest update.

8. What other video editing programs are installed - just in case there is a software conflict.

None

9. What burning software is installed on your PC?
Na

10. What type of blank disk was used, if you have a burning create issue?
Na

11. What background processes / programs running (especially important for problems with the burning)?

Nothing but the standard windows processes

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2011 09:14

romanwood [Avatar]
[Post New]
DXDIAG file.
 Filename
romanwoodDxDiag.rar
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
9 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
437 time(s)
[Post New]
romanwood;

Thank you for the DXDIAG file, it helps tremendously in attempting to "see" your environment".

Here are my observations, for what they are worth to you:

1. You have a lower-end CPU with memory limitations due to 32bit XP
2. You have a GPU without memory, taking it's memory from RAM only
3. You are OUT OF SPACE on the D: drive
4. I have seen issues with PD (and cache/swap/pagefiles) installed on drives other than C: not saying it IS an issue, just making a note for you.
5. Your sound drivers are not WHQL signed...get the updated drivers (yes, sound CAN affect video file processing).
Quote: Will not render in any format. It is a small 5 minute video with a few fades, titles and occasional effect. MPEG and MOV stall out when the file reaches “new blue color melt” effect.

Stop using that effect. Does it complete production? Did you download and install the NEW content pack from Software Updates page?
Quote: doesn't actually work in the even program and the annoying 'activation' nag

Did you successfully activate all the components in the PD10 program?? I think there are at least 3 (2 of which may be related to your production)!

Quote: when I have time, already this has been too time consuming.

That is all I have to offer you. I will sign-off of my participation in this thread and leave you in the fine hands (and claws) of Barry, Bubba and any other senior editors who find your post, as this has taken way too much of MY TIME to tell you your laptop is underpowered!!! ...Cya!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 15. 2011 10:21

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Doesn't matter how much ram you have in XP it will only recognize 1.6 GB !! Unless you have modified the registry.

I think you'll find that XP can use very close to 3GB without any modifications. Individual programs are limited to < 2GB. Jerry Schwartz
LarrySH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2008 18:11 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I have done (literally) hundreds of different AVCHD disks with PD 10 and PD9, and never had this exact same problem until I began using .MOV files rather than the typical .mts files which come directly from most AVCHD camcorders. Using .MOV files from a DSLR causes the render to hang EXACTLY the same way as the original poster described.

My machine is a super high end 16 GB RAM, Windows 7, fastest 6 core, 2 SSD drives, $500 nVidia video card, etc. and it normally cuts through AVCHD / h.264 HD material like a hot knife through butter.

When PD10 gets .MOV files, it renders very quickly up until some point where it just freezes, the time continues to advance, and I need to do a CTRL-ALT-Del to quit the program since it hangs.

I fully beluieve that the problem is a bug in PD10.

And yes, I am using the latest update released just a week or so ago in December 2011 of PD10.

Larry
LarrySH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2008 18:11 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I removed and then reinstalled the latest Quicktime and my problem as described in the prior post disappeared. My apology for blaming this on Cyberlink and PD10.

Larry
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
If you take this...

Quote: What is happening is that the program crashes when it gets to the ' new blue color melt' effect

and this...

Quote: You have a GPU without memory, taking its memory from RAM only

(with the other observations Fred made about the DxDiag)

you have your answer. Your PC is not really equipped to do what you're asking it to do. That's why it's falling over.

Yesterday, I tried (stupidly) to pick up a 240 x 240 x 2400 piece of Australian hardwood. I got it off the ground, but only briefly. My son helped & we moved it easily. I wasn't equipped for the job.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Ynotfish...the comments were about romanwood's machine. I haven't seen LarrySH's machine. Since romanwood left, two people have hijaacked the thread...hard to keep track,eh?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2011 14:55

TexasCityDave#1
Newbie Location: Southeast TX Joined: Aug 08, 2011 22:58 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I removed and then reinstalled the latest Quicktime and my problem as described in the prior post disappeared. My apology for blaming this on Cyberlink and PD10.

Larry

Larry,

You're a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for posting up your fix. WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 BIT [SP1]
ASUS P8P67LE MB
Intel Ci7 2600K 3.40 Ghz
2X 8GB 1600Mhz Dual BL
2X EVGA GTX460 1GB SC
120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
2X 1TB WD10000 SRTL Caviar Black
PD 9 Ultra 64
LG-12X Blu-Ray
Cameras: Canon 7D, Canon HF S21
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I seemed to be following your posts Tony, not intentionally.

I think this romanwood thread should now end. The reasons for the issues experienced has been explained sufficiently, even I get "it"

Tony, I use a tractor and a chain with "D" link connections to move lumber around, more horses than humans

Forum Moderator