Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why does the font not get saved when I make a title?
romanwood [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2011 20:00 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
The title designer will retain all my other changes but not the font, reverting back to ariel.
It's very annoying.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi romanwood,

Yes, I’ve noticed this too

But I believe you’ll find that what you are seeing is that it is only the Font List that defaults to showing the list of fonts from the top, starting with the Arial font, instead of showing the actual current font that is being used. And in fact, the saved changed font itself (in the preview screen), doesn’t actually revert to being the Arial font.

In previous versions of PD, after a save, the list would default to the current font used being shown at the top of the list when one re-entered Title Designer. But for some reason, it doesn’t anymore.
However, simply clicking on the text, or on the text perimeter box (to highlight it), will cause the current font used, to again appear at the top of the fonts list.

But I agree. It would be nice if upon re-entering Title Designer, that the Fonts List would automatically set itself to show the current font being used at the top, just as was the case in previous versions of PD.

Of course if you are using (or have created) a Tile, that uses multiple text layers (by virtue of using the Insert Title tool), that will/may also effect which font is displayed at the top of the list.

If however, you are saying that the actual font that you’ve chosen and changed (let’s say changed to to the Rockwell font), really doesn’t save at all (even upon re-opening from a .pds save). And you find that upon playback in the main screen’s preview, you are not seeing that chosen Rockwell font, but rather an Arial font. Then this is an issue I haven’t ever experienced, or ever seen reported before. And an issue that certainly needs repair.
Please assure your PD10 is updated to the latest patch (1012), available here…

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
romanwood [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2011 20:00 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, the title font was reverting to ariel in my saved template as well as when I inserted the title in my project. I discovered that it was the font I was using. It's listed in the font list but it wont work in the prohram. Im not sure if its the only font that does this.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
OK. Yeah, I have also downloaded fonts that do work in some of my programs like Text Commander, and not in others (even though they do show in the list), including PD. Not sure why.
But usually the TrueType font's don't pose any problems in my PD. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips