Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When inserting new items to timeline titles lose position
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Having edited a complete project, including titles at intervals, I decided to insert a still picture at the start of the timeline. All the video was shuffled to the right, as expected, but the titles were not. I had to go through the entire project realigning each title manually. These were all placed on the title track, the video and audio were all on the top two tracks and all tracks were unlocked.

Is this normal behaviour or have I forgotton something? Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fenman -

No - you're right. That shouldn't happen.

You obviously have "Link All Tracks" checked in Preferences. Titles in the Titles track should shift just like other media. Mine do.

You didn't have the Titles tracked locked?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your quick reply. You hit it in one. I hadn't noticed that checkbox when browsing through the preferences and it was unchecked. Mind you, I would have expected it to be checked by default. Mine obviously wasn't.

The titles track, along with all other tracks are/were unlocked.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2011 04:13

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64