Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
key code not working
jad2011 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2011 03:13 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
i have had to reinstall my operation system twice because of a virus which means i had to reinstall power dvd 11 twice and now the key code is not working saying i have exceeded the key. how can i sort this out please as tech support are so slow in responding> thanks
[Thumb - Activation.jpg]
 Filename
Activation.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
569 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2011 07:30

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

as your key seems to have exceeded the activation limit, please contact the customer support:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
jad2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
well it's been 5 days since i contacted technical support as i just checked my support ticket and it says the 1st december when i contacted them. i knew they were slow but this takes the p***s. i can promise you i will NEVER willl be buying ANY cyberlink product again and will be putting this on my website and facebook to let people know how crap there customer service/tech support is and how long i have been waiting. power dvd 12? nooo corel win dvd 12 more like. i have had a better service on a tennis court. from now on i will tell everyone they have changed there name to cowboylink, they REALLY are a bunch of cowboys.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
can you give me the case ID - I want to check your case.

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
jad2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
WOW they have just got back to me, A WEEK!! a bloody week. omfg
[Post New]
Hi,
can you please let me know your Case ID - I need to check your case.

Werde Facebook Fan
jad2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
CS001084739
[Post New]
Hi jad2011,

sorry for the inconvenience - I have checked your case and we are sorry that you needed to wait for the new key.

hope everyhing is OK now

greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
jad2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
OMFG!!! THE KEY DOES NOT WORK!!! what is the matter with you people? another week waiting for a reply.
i think it may be time for my solicitor and ofcom
[Thumb - Key.png]
 Filename
Key.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
507 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 10. 2011 03:45

mkr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2009 08:03 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem as jad2011. I got the message that my activation key had expired, and I mailed the customer support with a copy of the document that contained the download link and my activation key, and got a reply three days later asking me for the same document I had already sent to them. So I sent it again, and it's been another three days since then and I still haven't got a reply.

Good customer support this is not. Also I don't think I've ever used another software that had a limited number of activations.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 13. 2011 11:09

[Post New]
Hi,
please let me know your Case ID I need to talk to the team

br

Werde Facebook Fan
mkr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
please let me know your Case ID I need to talk to the team

br
Michael

Thank you for your reply. My ID is [211976]. The correspondence is in German, though. I hope that's not a problem.
[Post New]
Danke - ich kümmer mich drum

Thanks - I will take care about it.

Werde Facebook Fan
jad2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
now they have responded after 5 days and saying they need a screenshot of the error. i have already attached it in the last reply and i can see it in the previous message so i don't know why they are asking me for it again? are they not looking properly or they just being difficult? probably the latter. (wait another week i suppose) thank god ofcom is watching this page and my tech support replies otherwise i probably have all my hair out by now

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2011 14:47

ken [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2011 00:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This really sucks. It is easier to just go pirate the software you paid for than to bother with support.

If a company is going to lock down its registration process via the internet like Microsoft Windows, they should have the common courtesy to have a 24/7 free support line to fix the problem.. like Microsoft.

I had the same issue with my reg code. I bought PDVD 9, 10 and 11. Since 10 and 11 are both upgrades, you have to start from the beginning to install. If the 9 code doesn't work, you are SOL. At that point, what do you do? Wait a week for an email only company to get back to you with a reg code for software you purchased?
jad2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
i have now had enough, they have lost a long loyal customer as i have had cyberlink software now since power producer 5. i have now replaced all my cyberlink software power dvd, mediashow, mediashow espresso, you cam and power to go with alternatives. for power dvd and mediashow/espresso with arcsoft total media 5 and media converter 7.5 (which i have tested and is actually better using their trials), you cam i dumped as i never used it and my logitech camera came with similar stuff, power2go with nero. it doesn't end here though as i will continue to tell people what cyberlink are like and what they have done to a loyal customer on my website, youtube, facebook. and recommend people not to buy cyberlink stuff in the future when they ask (and i do get asked a lot) and recommend other people. gossip spreads!! i do not believe in pirate software etc as i have been bought up to pay my way and respect the law but i do now see why people do it and understand them better

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2011 07:45

mkr [Avatar]
[Post New]
I got an email, asking me for the screen shot of the error message, and it really seems like they are trying to wear you down with always asking for one thing more instead of clarifying from the very beginning what they need from you to give you a new key, not to mention that it takes days to even get a new response. And from what I've read in the forums and elsewhere it might take weeks if ever to get a new key, and I don't have time for that. For a software that has an activation limit this is really extremely poor costumer service. I've given up and changed to WinDVD. I hope their support will be better should I ever need it.

I only feel sorry that the people who are trying to help in the forums aren't actually from customer support but get the brunt of people's anger all the time.
jad2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
UPDATE!! ,i am still waiting for technical support to get back to me since the 14th december
[Post New]
Hi Jad,
please let me know your ticket ID I want to check the case.

Werde Facebook Fan
jad2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ticket ID: CS001090191