Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
pc slows down/stops when time line sliding
IanT500 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2011 11:29 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Iam using PD 9 ultra and have a problem when trying to quickly slide along the timeline
to the desired point. The machine will stop for a few seconds before catching up.
Obviously over a large number of cuts and trims this can really slow your work flow.
Iam editing HD with shadow files but I have a quad core pc with 6gb ddr3 and 1gb nvidia GC.

Has anyone got a software/windows tweak or something?

thanks IanT
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
How much the pause depends on the power of your video card and your computer processing speed.

Even with the computer I have I get pauses if I move the slider too fast. It is more noticeable with HD videos.

If you want to skip without the pause, you can type a time in the Preview then hit Enter.
Does not help if you are scanning to remove commericals.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2011 19:02

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

IanT500 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2011 11:29 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl312

It appears its not just my problem. i will continue with a workaround of clicking along the timeline to skip
rather than slide.
IanT